WTB: AMP For MOJO 15. Speakers running at 2 ohm. Central Florida Only

Do you already have the JL?

And no there are NO other amps like them. That is why they cost so much

Also going from 1000-1500 is only 1.5db at most. Most people won't notice that gain

I give up. You won't get more power than you already have and you have more than enough for that sub. Any amp you get that says it has more power won't unless you wire it stupid low and plan on burping only.

Just to let you know going from 1000 watts of slash power to 1500 watts of regulated power will be a down grade. I would take 1000 rips power over 2000 regulated anyday. Since you already have it that is
I don't understand what you are saying here... RIPS amps are regulated hence Regulated. Intelligent. Power. Supply. being the meaning of RIPS.

The way RIPS works you get 1000 watts even when you rise to 4ohm and drop to 11v. You will wire at 2 but normally see 4 or more playing music. A regulated amp rated 1500 will make 400-500 normally and even less as voltage drops. A used mint 1000/1 goes for around $400
This is incorrect as well. It is nothing to do with being regulated. I believe he is trying to show that the slash amp monitors the situation and switches voltages etc to maintain output at all loads between 1.5 and 4. There are other amps that do this as well such as the JBL BPX amps, PG Xenon, and RF BDCP to name a few.

There are down grades to regulated amps as well. An unregulated amp that is truthfully rated at 1500rms@ 1ohm at 12.5 volts will increase its rms power output if given say 14.4 volts. The downfall is that as voltage drops so will power output so at 11 volts you will not get 1500 rms @ 1 ohm. There was a lot said about box rise in the past few posts and that plays a major role in SPL but in a daily setup it should not be detrimental to the quality of the system and you shouldn't be getting extreme box rise in a daily unless you for some reason like the idea of a burp setup for your daily driver.As was stated earlier the difference between 1k and 1.5k will be slight so unless you are going full SPL where every DB is wanted, then it isn't a big deal. Now none of this is a knock on the JL RIPS amps as they are awesome amps but in no way are they superior to all other amps. It depends a lot on your requirements for it.

This is incorrect as well. It is nothing to do with being regulated. I believe he is trying to show that the slash amp monitors the situation and switches voltages etc to maintain output at all loads between 1.5 and 4. There are other amps that do this as well such as the JBL BPX amps, PG Xenon, and RF BDCP to name a few.
None of those take on account voltage drop and the RF is only at 1 and 2ohm. Even then the power differs.

None of those take on account voltage drop and the RF is only at 1 and 2ohm. Even then the power differs.
All regulated amps take voltage drop into account. That is what they are regulating by. Load impedance is what RIPS is monitoring to change rail voltage. On a side note if you start out with a 1.5 ohm load, RIPS will set the rails for proper voltage at 1.5 ohms. When you increase volume and start to get box rise to say 3 ohms, the amp will not switch back to 3 ohm rail voltage. Therefore it will be giving lower than rated power after box rise. This is no different than having a normal regulated amp loaded to 1 ohm dealing with box rise. The benefit of RIPS is to automatically pick the right rail voltages to get you the rated power at the right starting impedance. PG, Rockford, JBL, etc all use a similar concept. The RIPS design is a modified version of the old PPi amps. 2350DM i believe.

All regulated amps take voltage drop into account. That is what they are regulating by. Load impedance is what RIPS is monitoring to change rail voltage. On a side note if you start out with a 1.5 ohm load, RIPS will set the rails for proper voltage at 1.5 ohms. When you increase volume and start to get box rise to say 3 ohms, the amp will not switch back to 3 ohm rail voltage. Therefore it will be giving lower than rated power after box rise. This is no different than having a normal regulated amp loaded to 1 ohm dealing with box rise. The benefit of RIPS is to automatically pick the right rail voltages to get you the rated power at the right starting impedance. PG, Rockford, JBL, etc all use a similar concept. The RIPS design is a modified version of the old PPi amps. 2350DM i believe.
Bud rips runs the same power 11.5-14.4v. Also they have shown to make more power at 4ohm than lower. Go read up on it some more. It's not free, it cost you 50% efficency.

So you are telling my voltage does not count when they say it does?

1200/1v3 - Car Audio - Amplifiers - Slash v3 - JL Audio

Btw a good friend of mine works at their HQ. I have picked his brain dry.

---------- Post added at 01:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:55 PM ----------

The bottom line: Optimum power, at any impedance between 1.5 ohm and 4 ohm per channel, at any vehicle voltage between 11V and 14.5V.

So you are telling my voltage does not count when they say it does?
1200/1v3 - Car Audio - Amplifiers - Slash v3 - JL Audio

Btw a good friend of mine works at their HQ. I have picked his brain dry.

---------- Post added at 01:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:55 PM ----------

The bottom line: Optimum power, at any impedance between 1.5 ohm and 4 ohm per channel, at any vehicle voltage between 11V and 14.5V.
I am talking about your box rise post. A 1200 watt RIPS amp running a 1 0hm load will act exactly like a normal 1200 watt amp that has its highest rating at 1ohm. When box rise occurs the RIPS amp will not back track the rail voltages to give you 1200 watts at 2ohms. It will give you less just like the regular amp will. Once the RIPS amp locates the lowest safe operating impedance it will stay there until the power is cycled. It will not rise with box rise. The main benefit of the RIPS amp is usability with lots of setups and it is almost impossible to blow because it with safely regulate itself into a working load.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.