Wtb clean cheap 8 ohm amp

I have a eclipse single voice coil 8 ohm sub. 300 rms 600 max. Let me know what u got or if u know a good amp I could run. Thanks
for that high of an impedance load your best bet will be to find a 2ch and bridge it for example my T600.2 does 250+rms per channel at 4ohms so if I bridged it I would have 500+ @ 8ohms and the amp would love it and run cool along with the sq that comes with class a/b amps.

So a t600.2 would run my 8 ohm sub just fun with kicking on and off or frying my sub?
Anything that is rated at 4 ohm will run at 8 ohm. You can go higher in impedance load without causing an issue. Its the other way around most of the commercialized amps cant handle. For example you couldnt run 1 ohm on an amp only rated for 2 ohm without blowing it up. Alot of the under ground/internet companies over build their amps to run .5 or .33 ohms even though they only rate to 1 ohm.

My next question is will a amp that's is 4 ohm stable produce more watts at 8 ohm? I found a ppi art series 404 for dirt cheap would that work? If so what would your estmation be on the out put? Last question I ran across a post at diyaudio that u where wanting to know if a za1200 bass knob would work on the xa5000. I need a bass knob for that za1200. U got one or know where I could find one? Thanks for all your help

My next question is will a amp that's is 4 ohm stable produce more watts at 8 ohm? I found a ppi art series 404 for dirt cheap would that work? If so what would your estmation be on the out put? Last question I ran across a post at diyaudio that u where wanting to know if a za1200 bass knob would work on the xa5000. I need a bass knob for that za1200. U got one or know where I could find one? Thanks for all your help
As a general rule of thumb most of the time you can cut power ratings in half for each doubling of impedance. For example at 1 ohm an amp can do 1200@1. At 2 it would do 600 and 4 it would do 300. At 8 it would do 150.

Never found a bass knob for the XA5000. Not sure they ever made one.

ppi a404 is a 4 channel amp so that probably wouldnt work unless the sub has dual 8 ohm voice coils.... like these guys said look for a 2 channel amp that has decent power at 4 ohm then bridge it to 8 ohm

Anything that is rated at 4 ohm will run at 8 ohm. You can go higher in impedance load without causing an issue. Its the other way around most of the commercialized amps cant handle. For example you couldnt run 1 ohm on an amp only rated for 2 ohm without blowing it up. Alot of the under ground/internet companies over build their amps to run .5 or .33 ohms even though they only rate to 1 ohm.
That isn't always the case... I have encountered several 1 ohm stable class d amplifiers that oscillated and heated up REAL fast when connected to an 8 ohm load. Granted, this was in the early days of class d amplifiers, but I see some manufacturers still don't rate their class D amplifiers for 8 ohm nominal impedance loads.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.