zapco amps

Zapco is junk.....//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Honestly, from a neutral standpoint, not just because I had a buddy that was a Zapco dealer and worked for him time to time....I have seen some of the longest service provided by Zapco amplifiers than I have ever seen with anything else, I've saw some 10-15 year old amps that had been pretty moderately driven still working like day one when they were installed. Hell, the ones in my truck have been in there for 7 years....still as good as new.

There are other manufacturers out there that produce quality amplifiers, and many reliable at that, I have just seen the most repetitive reliability with Zapco. Though, that is just based on personal experience, someone else may have a differing opinion.

Zapco is junk.....//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
Honestly, from a neutral standpoint, not just because I had a buddy that was a Zapco dealer and worked for him time to time....I have seen some of the longest service provided by Zapco amplifiers than I have ever seen with anything else, I've saw some 10-15 year old amps that had been pretty moderately driven still working like day one when they were installed. Hell, the ones in my truck have been in there for 7 years....still as good as new.

There are other manufacturers out there that produce quality amplifiers, and many reliable at that, I have just seen the most repetitive reliability with Zapco. Though, that is just based on personal experience, someone else may have a differing opinion.
The sound quality is the same for all amps, the major differences come with reliability, durability and quality of parts the amp is made with.

But only those who dont truly understand the test or amps themselves will argue his tests, which in no way proves all amps sound the same.
Indeed. The very links he keeps posting to the test threads even say that in the first couple paragraphs //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

As for Zapco, a good friend of mine had some horrible results with the Zapco Reference line. Left him amp-less a few days before a competition. But the I-Forces he had before that lasted for years without an issue...go figure.

Yes, if the gains are set right then you will not hear differences. I have used many many many amps and found that to be the case. The Richard Clark challenge just validates what myself and others on this forum believe.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.