ZomG! Major VS. Thread!!!

Participant count
  • Participant list

OoMesKoO
10+ year member

Me > Newbs. :fyi:
Rhode Island
Well fellas. I purchased a MA Audio HK602sx. Its SLAUGHTERING my electrical @ 1 ohm. Im driving 4 10" power HX2s. Now heres my question. These 4 together can handle 4kw's or so. Out of these... without a MAJOR electrical... which would drive them better...

Kicker ZX2500.1

MA Audio HK602SX

Orion 2500D

Atomic 3000.1

At 1 ohm. I know that the MA is "rated" 3600w rms... But I cant get anywhere near the voltage to accquire that many watts. Which amp is a better choice?

I feel ya. I have a second Optima yellowtop, as well as a 200a alt, though. Should suffice for any of the following a little better, no?

Depending on your stock electrical you may be able to get away with a kx2500.1 or the atomic. Don't run ma because its ma. Don't run the orion because it hates stock electrical systems.

You would definitely have to do a big three and possibly get a better battery. Do you know what the specs of your stock alt is?

There are trade offs of running a lower ratted amp at full potential compared to running a much higher ratted amp at much lower potential. But as always, you won't know for sure until installed and tested.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.