12" Type R Sealed

Psyence
10+ year member

Customized
Canada
Ya, Ya, Type R Thread, but I dont see why Type R owners should be limited to 1 thread, when there is 10,000 posts about the same stuff here...

Anys...

Before I go buying any new subs, Id like to TRY my Type R sealed. Anyone here have a 12" Type R Sealed, with about 750W going to it or so?

What size box, and does rap, techno, rock sound good? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Anyone else got anything to say about sealed Type-R's... Preferably someone that didnt 'hear they were no good in sealed boxes' ?

Anyone EXPERIENCED the ellusive sealed Type R?

Sorry. My Type R is ported aswell. If I were you though.. give sealed a shot, and let us know how it sounds! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I think this "type R doesnt sound good sealed" thing came from one person who sealed is improperly and ranted about it... Any speaker can be sealed with successful results, if dont properly. With that nice ampunt of power you have, it should perform nicely when sealed. I would go for a ~1 foot net enclosure, possibly a bit larger, and see how it is.

I think this "type R doesnt sound good sealed" thing came from one person who sealed is improperly and ranted about it... Any speaker can be sealed with successful results, if dont properly. With that nice ampunt of power you have, it should perform nicely when sealed. I would go for a ~1 foot net enclosure, possibly a bit larger, and see how it is.
X2

Anyone else got anything to say about sealed Type-R's... Preferably someone that didnt 'hear they were no good in sealed boxes' ?
Anyone EXPERIENCED the ellusive sealed Type R?
Sorry for trying to help you.

I have 2 old 1240's (single 4 ohm coil) that I am going to build a sealed box for. Currently they were in a pre-fab ported box and sounded pretty crappy. Might be a couple weeks till I'm done though. Just ordering carpet and new wire, gonna have to wait on those.

Jason

Sorry for trying to help you.
Hearsay never helps. I dont mean to push what you said aside, but ive heard some people say they are great sealed, and people say they dont, id just like to hear from people that have actually experienced it.

just port it dude.....u will not regret it
It IS ported right now, and its been in several different sized ported boxes. But I am not happy with ported. Ya its louder, but the overall response in ALL types of music fluctuates, and i actually do listen to all types of music so it just doesnt cut it for me.

I need the flat response.

Then your options seem clearly mapped out for you:

1) Build a ~1cuft sealed box and see how it sounds to YOU.

2) Sell your type r and get another more SQL oriented subwoofer.

You also might want to try giving your type r a low tuned box (~28hz) and see how it behaves in there.

I did a 12 inch type R sealed in my friends subaru wagon in a 1.25cu box and it sounded really good off of the 350rms alpine MRP-M350

Cool! Tell me more!!! Is the speaker your friend used dual 2 or 4 ohm? Let me see if I can answer this...the MRP-M350 is 2 ohm; therefore, it is dual 4's. Am I right?!

This is my setup minus the speaker enclosure. I've heard very good things here about the TCAB box. I'm VERY tempted to get one, but I feel like I need to try a sealed enclosure first! I found a $40 sealed 1.25 cube box locally. That cheap price makes me wonder about the box quality though. Maybe I'll get a cheap sealed enclosure till I get a TCAB box.

Any more comments on sound quality from that sealed setup?

Mustang...all Alpine...

CDA-9853 (Slide Bar HU)

SPR-57LS (60 W RMS 5x7 Components)

SPS-570A (40 W RMS 5X7 2-way)

MRP-M350 (350 W RMS Mono @ 2 ohm)

SWR-1241D (Dual 4 ohm)

Enclosure (??????????)

Kenwood Amp in my other car will someday be used to power all the 5x7's in the Mustang.

CobraGT

I have 2 type r's sealed in a prefab box at 1.75c^ft and it sounds decent. I listen to alot of rock and alternative. But as soon as I throw in some rap it hits the lows very good. But the mid part of the woofer just ***** ass. The only thing I say since you have tried like 7 different ported boxes then try sealed. If you dont like it then go back to one of your ported boxes.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.