12" Type R Sealed

Yeah, im just gunna make a 1cuft net sealed box tonight, just to see, then I will make it to suit where it needs to go after if I like what I hear.

i like my sealed better than ported. my application only. I have heard a few setups of r's sealed that are quite unimpressive...then again I have heard quite a few r's ported that are unimpressive.

I just like mine sealed, I went through 2 boxes, one tuned to 35hz (i had too much port area so the sub wouldn't fit, I jimmy rigged it and it was too peaky) another I built 1.25 cu ft tuned to 36hz and it was loud for 1 10...but still toooooo peaky. Didn't really sound that great. Then I tried sealed...wow, huge difference, definetly more of a DD setup for me. I dunno, my next plan is to do 3 10" r's, just because of space requirements. I only have about 12"x12"x34" to work with.

I just like how the r's sound sealed...they are MUCH louder ported (you can definetly tell the ~3 decibles) but the SQ goes down the tube.

type r sealed=teh win...for me

i messed around w/ several enclosures

then again i had a pair of 15" type r's that was sealed and it wasn't half as loud nor did sound as good as my pair of 12" type r's ported to 32 hz...in the same car/same amp..hhmmmmm I guess it's install dependent!!! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

Yeah, im changing my mind again too.. I mean I think I NEED the loudness of the Ported box, but Im going to try somewhere from 26-28hz this time for tuning... see what that brings.

They should sound decent sealed, 18mm xmax isn't bad at all. Just because a few guys who listen to bass at 150+ db said it didn't perform sealed doesn't mean that for the average guy it won't satisfy.

i would not run teh Rs sealed. i'd look else where if u want a sub sealed, like an L7 or CVRs
Ya, ive been eyeballing the kicker l7's for the longest time, just couldnt get past the square end of things //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif Are these pretty good sealed tho?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.