2 or 4 channel amp?

99dakota

got a quick question for you guys. i'm going to put components in, do i need to use a four channel amp(1for mid and 1 for tweeter on each side) or a two channel amp. i don't know what speakers i will be using yet, but i will be using the crossovers that come with them. thanks for your help

The 2 channel amp is fine for a set of comps using its passive xover. If you decide to go active you will need the 4 channel / or 2 - 2 channel amp.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Similar threads

Pro competition level 4 channel car audio amplifier. Highly under rated, produces way more than the rated wattage. Very low hours, taken from...
Just scored this on Marketplace and he threw in the DSP. Excited about going active with the amp. The DSP wasn’t the one I was ultimately looking...
The way you had them before does not really pose a danger. On the contrary, they presented a higher Ohm load to the amp so the amp put out less...
I had this same amp installed about 9 months ago with no issues whatsoever which make all this odd

About this thread

99dakota

99dakota
St. louis, mo
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
99dakota