2017 cherokee latitude help with sub

Participant count
  • Participant list

SamuraiRob

CarAudio.com Newbie
Oregon
I have installed a alpine sub and amp, using a line output converter it all works but the bass stays steady and does not change with the volume. All setting on amp and loc work and are set. But there is something that is making the bass not adjust with the volume. Any help would be appreciated!!!

Single sub? Which model? What changed with the move to this car? It may be in the HU. That recoil LOC does not have any compensation for limited or fixed bass output if that is what your HU id doing.

Last edited:
It has the bass, just won't go up with the volume at all.
If you have an OEM radio and amp, chances are that one has bass reduction as the volume rises to protect the paper cones from tearing apart. So if you amplify that signal, your sub /amp combo will also get lower bass output as the volume rises.
To test the sub/amp combo, connect your phone to the amp with a 3.5mm to RCA patch cable and play a few known bass songs. If the bass is strong, then the OEM signal is being modified.

I know it's been modified, I've been told that there may be an anc module that has to be bypassed or that I need resistors in line to allow the signal to come thru.

Single sub? Which model? What changed with the move to this car? It may be in the HU. That recoil LOC does not have any compensation for limited or fixed bass output if that is what your HU id doing.
Single dvc alpine type r sold old car bought new one. I've been told it may be an ancient problem or I need online resistors. Hoping to find someone that has experience with 2014-2019 cherokee lattitudes to give me a direction lol. Most places want 150+ just to look at it..

I think it's the factory HU. As has been noted, some of those systems actually restrict the bass output as it goes up. I would look into an LOC that has acubass. Call Audiocontrol, ask them if the LC1pro would do the trick or not. You might want to conisder upgrading the HU with someothing better like this used on eBay for $170.00

Or this for some very good sound refurb for $249 (about $50-200 off new)

Unless you need disc playback then you in the $400 plus.

WHile I think the LC2i might help, I'd be looking to replace the HU. At the end of the day, you still got lipstick on a pig, upgrade the pig,

I think it's the factory HU. As has been noted, some of those systems actually restrict the bass output as it goes up. I would look into an LOC that has acubass. Call Audiocontrol, ask them if the LC1pro would do the trick or not. You might want to conisder upgrading the HU with someothing better like this used on eBay for $170.00

Or this for some very good sound refurb for $249 (about $50-200 off new)

Unless you need disc playback then you in the $400 plus.

WHile I think the LC2i might help, I'd be looking to replace the HU. At the end of the day, you still got lipstick on a pig, upgrade the pig,
I agree, but trying to get one that retains all the heated seats, steering wheel, ac controls and such is really hard.

I know it's been modified, I've been told that there may be an anc module that has to be bypassed or that I need resistors in line to allow the signal to come thru.
I think what those guys are refering to is the Dodge OEM UConnect radios. They test speaker resistance before turning on the amp. If the resistance is wrong, it will assume bad speakers so amp will not power up.
When you said the bass remains steady, I assumed you had sone bass out of the sub. When that UConnect feature kicks on, you will get zero bass.

I agree, but trying to get one that retains all the heated seats, steering wheel, ac controls and such is really hard.
That would be a function of the harness, not the HU, I think. Have you looked into a Maestro or iData interface? i would check with crutchfield.

Axxess comes to mind as well to accommodate the accessories.

Last edited:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...