2017 Jeep Renegade Dash Mount Tweeters

Participant count
  • Participant list

Djchill

CarAudio.com Newbie
I replaced the oem tweeters in my renegade with Pyle two way 120 watt 4ohm mid component 3.5 inch tweeters. I would like to put some better sounding tweets in place of these. Does anyone have any ideas on what would be a better match up with the 4 Rockford Fosgate P 1692 door speakers. These are 75 watt rms 4 ohm. I also put in an amp/sub package from MTX. The subs and amp combo is the MTX Terminator TNP212D2 dual 12’s rated 400 watts rms? Also is it feasable to connect the 4 door speakers or possibly the tweets to a separate amp for better sound or no? I am very new to this and will be back with more questions soon, im sure of it lol. Hey thanks for any and all suggestions.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    448.2 KB · Views: 1
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    536.4 KB · Views: 2
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    585.5 KB · Views: 2
Really never a great idea to mix tweeters and caxials in the front, screws up the sound and the staging. I would replace the set with a 6x9 woofer and a seperate tweeter. The name Pyule kind of implies what you end up most of the time. At one time, decent enough but those are .75" donme inits and will never be fantastic.

Much better option all the way around

Front 2-way

Get a decent 5 channel amp for the setup and go active.

Rear coaxial

8 channel amp on sale new $300

80x4 @ 4ohms
150x2 @ 4 ohms
250x2 at 2 at 2 ohms

Or new (open box) from me, $265 shipped to the lower 48

80 x 2 to the front tweeters, 150 x 2 to the front 6x9's

150 x 2 to the rear coaxial 6x9's

250x2 @2 ohms to a 2ohm DVC sub or 500 watts at 4ohms to a 4 ohm sub.

Last edited:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...