24's or 26's

You can make 24's fill the well... just get higher profile tires.
well thats the thing i dont want to have a big profile tires to fill the well if i can get 26's and get low pros and make them fit but not rub

whats a average diameter of a tire for a 24" or a 26" tire low profile

well thats the thing i dont want to have a big profile tires to fill the well if i can get 26's and get low pros and make them fit but not rub
whats a average diameter of a tire for a 24" or a 26" tire low profile
If you like a truck that rides like ass and goes through wheel bearings every few months, get the 26" wheels. Mileage goes out the window too. Remember, unsprung weight (weight not supported by your suspension, i.e. your wheels, spindles, etc) is bad.

If you like a truck that rides like ass and goes through wheel bearings every few months, get the 26" wheels. Mileage goes out the window too. Remember, unsprung weight (weight not supported by your suspension, i.e. your wheels, spindles, etc) is bad.
You are so right hand an 1996 impala ss on 22's and i stayed putting ball bearings in that *****. was a bunch of problems. big rims arent so good for DAily

and you wont like low profile tires as much as you think. low profile wear out super fast. and then if u hit an pot hole u can kiss a rim goodbye. ive bent more rims then ive bent over women!

depends on your area's streets. personally the bigger the better on a truck. Doesn't look out of place compared to a chevy car raised on 26's. If your streets are good i'd go 26's if they are bad go with 24's for a bigger tire. nothing ***** more than bending a rim because of harsh streets.

yea i know i will loose mileage and a lil power loss and braking loss i plan to regear down the road to pick up power and a lil more mileage to offset for the weight of the rims.

depends on your area's streets. personally the bigger the better on a truck. Doesn't look out of place compared to a chevy car raised on 26's. If your streets are good i'd go 26's if they are bad go with 24's for a bigger tire. nothing ***** more than bending a rim because of harsh streets.
yea for the most part my town has decent streets so dont think its a issue.

6-spoke = fail
why do you say that, can anyone photoshop those rims on my truck would be apprecaited

well for 24's whats a good size tire for the rims, how thick are the sidewalls, and whats the whole diameter of the tire i am trying to just see what that is and measure it on the truck to see how much of the wheel well it takes up, and then compare it to 26's and how much it takes up as well

Cardomain.com is a good reference. Check out what other guys are running.

Also, google 'tire height calculator' to check overall sizes.

24s with a nice tire on it,, like mentioned man if you are ridin on rubber band tires the slightest bump will bend or even take a chance at cracking your rim.. imo jus go wit the 24s and nice size tire for a smooth clean ride

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

theking

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
theking
us
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date