about to buy a magnum 15"

misterio
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
texas
before i drop these 350 bucks, anybody got any suggestions from RE subs that i could buy instead and be louder? such as a SE 15, or a SX15, 18 or a XXX tell me before i buy it please cuz im about to order it since magnum 15"s i heard were shipped really fast.

I don't know about that, I just put my PG Tantrum 1200.1 (1507 by BS) on my 15 D2 and oh my god it is insane. I would put this up against a W7 or a XXX any day.

lol. the XXX would kill the D2? i'm sorry, i highly doubt that. it may be louder than the D2 in the proper box with proper wattage but that's only because it's taking twice the amount of power the the D2 NEEDS to get really get going. as far as sq goes, you can't really argue that because i like the D2's sound and you'll like the XXX's sound and the next guy will like the sound of a JL sub. but the D2 is a magnificent woofer and i think would 1k watts in the proper box it would still get louder than the XXX. but like nick said, there is no side by side data (at least to my knowledge) that says one is louder than the other.

for the original thread: the 15'' D2 is awesome, for the money you will be hardpressed to find a better sub. you can use SMALL boxes for it and it will still sound great. you can use SMALL amounts of power (comparing other 'supersubs') to get insane dbs. i have a 15'' D2 and it's the best sounding woofer i've heard to date. good luck.

15 XXX will kill a magnum with proper wattage and box
hahaha, from a guy that probably hasn't heard or owned either one. I'll take a 12xxx on any day against my 12 mag d2.

BUT, go with the magnum...you won't be disappointed!! peace

NG

like everyone kept telling me when I was trying to make the very hard decision of either the D2 or the XXX, they all told me you will be happy with either sub that they are so close is both areas.

well... I am VERY happy with my choice of a D2!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.