Thoughts Before I Buy

I'll bet you are right about that man, I myself was thinking 38Htz on up to 45 by the looks, and just a simple ported enclosure.Nothing special that I can see. deff no internal bracing for a heavy hitter/spl type sub,and single baffle??? Id be cautious of putting more than 1200 rms on that enclosure .Tuning and the right enclosure from the sub is everything that makes all the difference in performance
From the other pics it's a double baffle and appears to be 1.5 inch thick, he just hadnt put on the final baffle and also 45s as well. At any rate, I decided to go with a tru spec box.

Happened to be perusing Sonic Electronix Fathers Day sale and noticed the truspec 12 inch enclosure is only $110 instead of the normal $180 so I jumped on it right quick

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240611-211145.png
    Screenshot_20240611-211145.png
    79.2 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
This is just a slot ported enclosure. He's thinking horn loaded because the slot fires into a bigger port. I am just wondering if the tuning is higher than he thinks. From the looks of that port, I am guessing 40-45hz
The net volume looks more like 1.5 cubic feet. The rest is a labyrinth slot port. If only the exit port is that wide then I wonder if it is more like a loading wall. If it is, then modifying the port width would lengthen the port and maybe play lower.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...