absolutely hillarious

Lanzar is an ok, low quality brand. But, it is a low quality brand which is why they are poking fun at it. If it is the only thing in your price range it is not a bad buy. At least it will sound better than most stock unlike other low quality brands.

Basically they're poking fun because it's categorized with almost every other low Q brand on that site I found (The site only sells low q brands and then there was lanzar listed on there so they assume that if the shoe fits...)

I have messed with a lot of Lanzar amps. Very pleased with how they hold up and for their prices. I put them in the same category as Profile. Just because they are sold on a cheap site dosn't mean they are a shitty brand. Wal-Mart sells pioneer and kenwood audio. Wal-mart is not the ideal place to buy audio equipment but does that make pioneer and kenwood a shitty brand??? No it dosn't. So not a really good assumption just because it's on a site. I have seen many sites with pryamid, legacy, rockwood etc. also with Kicker, jbl, JL, hifonics, etc.

Originally posted by DaBaller504 So not a really good assumption just because it's on a site. I have seen many sites with pryamid, legacy, rockwood etc. also with Kicker, jbl, JL, hifonics, etc.
when the site only offers cheap stuff yeah it is a good assumption. Also, the shop I work for and that has been in business since the early 80's around here, it divides it store into two categories, crap and non crap is what I call it. On one side of the store you see Pyramid, Jensen, Power Acoustik, LANZAR, Pyle, etc., on the other side you see JL, Kenwood, Alpine, Eclipse, McIntosh, Crossfire, etc. Do I assume that means they think Lanzar is a cheap not very good product. Yes that tells me that. But also, the FACT not assumption, I have seen techs tear apart every company's stuff we sell to look at design and components used and for the most part almost every amp is benched at one time, and the Lanzar ratings were almost identical to Pyramid. Distorted, low efficient, highly overrated amps. So, yes, when an internet site carries only one level of car audio, that being crap, yes it is a good assumption all they sell is crap. Yes, I know, Nexxon and other sites sell every make and model in the world, but they are selling a huge variety. Sites like this are only selling crap because face it, selling many 100 dollar amps will make you a lot more money than selling a 1000 dollar amp in the long run. Put it this way, if Lanzar makes a 100 dollar 1000 watt amp, do you know how much it really cost? Figuring mark up from the manufacturer is like 200-300% and figuring that most online unauthorized companies use wholesalers to buy their gear, that means the 100 dollar amp in all reality cost maybe 20-30 bucks to make, because face it someone has to make money.

Well you can get the vibe 268 that says 2000 watts for only $168 which would figure out to be only $84 per supposid 1000 watts.

http://www.ikesound.com/Prod_Details.asp?Prod_Id=856

Or is this a battle of rms ratings. whereas on their most expensive amp on ike, the D3000M lists no rms or what it can do at any ohm but one. I did a brief search and couldn't really find any real ratings anywhere. If they were a respectable company they wouldn't make their most expensive amp have simply a peak rating much like you would get from legacy.

http://www.ikesound.com/images/products/lanzar/regular/833.jpg

I went straight to lanzars web site and found no rms ratings for it, either.

http://www.lanzar.com/itempage.asp?model=D3000M

oh. and just b/c something's expensive doesn't make it good. Just look at those web pages that are very badly made and charge retail or over for everything car audio.

Or if you're a n00b and some guy is selling a 1000 watt pyramid amp for $250 on half.com and you buy it b/c it's gotta be good if it costs $250!~ Money is a means to an end, not an accurate way of measuring wattage. :p

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

wags

10+ year member
Prime Minister of Funk
wags
too close to Detroit , MI
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date