adire,re,kove,dd,which 15'' to buy?

triplejay
10+ year member

Atlanta
looking to get a new sub to replace my two audiobahns. they are ok but im hearing alot of negative things about audiobahn about quality.

anyway looking to get one 15'' that i can feed 3000watts rms to for a daily driver.mostly want spl but sq is always a good thing.looking to spend $500 or less for the sub.will be powered by two hifonics bx1500ds

ive been hearing great things about adire,kove,re, and dd never heard of any of them before last week.maybe because my pockets arent really that fat.

any advice would be appreciated. thanks

a single 15" that will handle 3000w daily..hrm...

good luck. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

well 2k-3kwatts daily
An Orion H2 15" and a Treo SSX 15" should be able to take that power.

Orion H2 15":

http://www.orioncaraudio.com

Treo SSX 15":

http://www.treoonline.com/ssx.html.

I was about to get the SSX 15" b4 I bought my Crystal 15", but I realized I couldn't afford to power it.

To check the SSX specs click on the *view specifications* at the bottom of the page.

If your after more SPL then check out their CSX subs. Good Luck.

Personally, I'd L-O-V-E to see the Treo SSX and the RE XXX go head to head.

They are both SQ subs that can get Xtremely LOUD!

Hmmmm....Maybe some time in the future I'll get to see a head to head review.

O-well

You can try an Adire Tumult. I don't think power handling will be a problem.

Tumult4.JPG

SSX aren't sound quality woofers...
Treos are good for SPL, but I would never choose them for SQ app.
I've never heard one personally, but I don't believe what you said 100%.

So Treo woofers are just SPL subs? I doubt that.

They claim that the SSX is a good sounding subwoofer. Just bcuz you've probably seen them in SPL set-ups doesn't mean they are "SPL" woofers.

Their CSX is their "SPL" sub.

I don't think it's right to attach "SPL Subs" to a company's entire line of subs.

They can't help it that they get loud,lol. But from what I hear, and from reading their website their SSX line can sound good while achieving high SPL levels.

Also,

They have about 4 or 5 different series of subs. I don't get what would be the point of having 4 series of "SPL" subs.

And again, their CSX series is there premier "SPL subs". So, since that is their SPL line, what does that make the others?

I think you just have bad information, or your judging the company's entire line of subs based on 1 or 2 experiences. Plus if you did see the SSX in "SPL" competitions, chances are an "Spl" set up is not going to sound as good as an SQ setup.

I'm not bit(hing, I just don't like it when a company's entire line of subs are labeled "spl subs" just bcuz they get loud.

Holla

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.