Aftermarket Amplifier W/ Factory Head Unit

seg_representin
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
IL
I have a 2012 civic si w/ navi and I am going to upgrade some of the audio in the car. Before I started buying things, I wanted to get an idea of everything that I needed. I want to keep my stock navigation head unit because I don't want to loose any of the controls it comes with (steering wheel, imid, and usb) and I don't want to use a LOC. I know this head unit has differential balanced outputs for the front, rear, and subwoofer. I was wondering if any one could give me some insight or has some experience working with factory head units with differential balanced outputs and what they did.

My question is will I be able to take the outputs directly from my head unit to an external amplifier or will I have to use a DSP unit. If I can avoid purchasing a DSP unit that would be great, but I know some factory head units use DSP on their signals to lower bass etc. at certain volumes/frequencies and I was not sure if this is the case on my headunit. If the answer is yes, could you recommend me some good DSP units that accept differential balanced inputs. Thanks for the help guys.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.