Amplifier or Sound Deadener?

675R
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Regular
US
I have a finite amount of money next paycheck. Will an amplifier or some sound deadener be the best choice? I already have some in the doors.

I have coaxials in the front and the rear so will adding a 50rms amp help?

Thanks guyz.

Good SQ, well as good as I can get from some coaxials.

Problem is, I dont really turn it up really loud, so I dont know haha.

Is there an option for component speakers for the front doors? >.

If you've already properly deadened the doors, and are not planning on adding a subwoofer, I'd go for a solid speaker amp.

If you're planning on adding a subwoofer, I'd get deadener for the trunk and rear deck and other problem areas.

More power always seems to sound better to me. Going from stereo deck power to 60watt amplifier makes audible difference. Going from 60 to 120watts once again makes a difference if you have good ear. With a better amplifier you should hear tighter and more dynamic sound that can also be played louder when necessary. The only issue is try to avoid crappy bargain basement amplifier brands. Jensen, Boss, Dual, and a few others. Even if they do the rated power, a lot of those amplifiers are simply audibly noisy and have poor build quality. Also 50watts RMS is not a lot. This is plenty for a coaxial speaker, but if you upgrade down the road to something else, this may be only adequate.

Ideally you should have good amplification and sound proofing, at very least in the front doors.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.