Bad Sub Selection?

I installed 2 L5's in my friend's civic, with the Visonik v900xd. Small sealed enclosure. The response is really quick, believe it or not. They might be made for big boxes, but I'm telling you.. they sounded great.

If you'd like to listen to noobie shmucks that apparently like talking out of their asses, go ahead.

L5 vs L7.. night and day eh? Don't they have the exact same motor? If you don't know what you're talking about, don't pollute the forum with your garbled bs. Thanks.

I installed 2 L5's in my friend's civic, with the Visonik v900xd. Small sealed enclosure. The response is really quick, believe it or not. They might be made for big boxes, but I'm telling you.. they sounded great.
If you'd like to listen to noobie shmucks that apparently like talking out of their asses, go ahead.

L5 vs L7.. night and day eh? Don't they have the exact same motor? If you don't know what you're talking about, don't pollute the forum with your garbled bs. Thanks.
Yeah, The L5 are pretty much the same as the original square L7 except with a different basket. About the only way one would probably tell the difference as far as in an application is when getting quite a bit above the recommended power rating of the L5.

An L5's sound quality is their, people just don't give it enough power and then they complain about it. Them are POWER HUNGRY. The more power you put in it to reach its potential the cleaner it will sound I guarantee you.

man .8 is kinda small even for a 10
It's within what kicker recommended so I think it should be ok. I have heard them in a similar sized enclosure and it was good. Never heard them in a ported bigger enclosure though so maybe that would be better. I like tighter sounding bass though.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.