Best ported 10in or 12in for this space?

n8te81
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I have 2 SA-8s ported in a box right now in my 350z and it just isn't doing it for me anymore. I was trying to decide if ibwas gonna go with a 12 or a 10in. I measured the box today and it's 36x15 and about 9.5 tall....I forgot how much airspace that is but it's pretty much the biggest box I can do. Sub amp would be a nine.1 btw. I have a couple older RE hybrid 12 I might could use one but I wanted to see what my other options were.

I have 2 SA-8s ported in a box right now in my 350z and it just isn't doing it for me anymore. I was trying to decide if ibwas gonna go with a 12 or a 10in. I measured the box today and it's 36x15 and about 9.5 tall....I forgot how much airspace that is but it's pretty much the biggest box I can do. Sub amp would be a nine.1 btw. I have a couple older RE hybrid 12 I might could use one but I wanted to see what my other options were.
thats 2.16 cubic feet gross. You are looking at 1.5 cubes Net after port and sub displacement. You would need to go aeroported and use something like a DC xl 12 or zv3 12 that does reasonably well with low airspace and a lot more power.

Any pics of your setup in your trunk?

I can get a couple pics tomm. I figured the nine.1 would be good enough to power most things that would fit in this space...I'm always willing to check out any subs u guys say.

in a small ported box you want something with a HIGHER CMS(softer suspension) and a lower QES.

see if you can contace FI car audio and see if he can put you 2 medium spiders on it.. it will work great in about 1.5.. no options just one less spider

I couldn't get a pic for some reason....the box though is both 8's together on the left firing up and the slotted port on the right side firing out the side of the box.

There is a authorized DD dealer about an hour away that said they could do a ported box with 2 DD 10s that wouldbe beloud as crap for around 850....that sound like it would be a pretty good deal? They were voted top 100 installers in the states back in 2010 so I would think they would know hopefully Lol.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.