Best sealed subs for impact tight bass and rock?

I don't have any expertise in tuning. I just like loud bass, and a prefab ported box is louder than a custom sealed box without any noticeable difference in sound quality.
There's a huge difference in sq between a prefab ported and sealed box. That prefab ported won't have the range or go as low.

I'm thinking you haven't heard proper subs in a sealed box. Not all subs do well sealed but I promise you my sql-15's have a lot of output sealed.

Last edited:
I don't have any expertise in tuning. I just like loud bass, and a prefab ported box is louder than a custom sealed box without any noticeable difference in sound quality.
Fair enough. I've had ported for my last couple boxes, but while my last box was great for the 32-50, it lacked everywhere else. So next box will either be sealed or tuned lower and flatter without the extra output.

What about the rectifier downstreaming the decibels into the final ohm load and causing crosstalk with the rca cable upload signal?

Last edited:
There's a huge difference in sq between a prefab ported and sealed box. That prefab ported won't have the range or go as low.

I'm thinking you haven't heard proper subs in a sealed box. Not all subs do well sealed but I promise you my sql-15's have a lot of output sealed.
That's completely possible. I haven't used a sealed box by choice since i first tried a ported box as a teenager. I think of sealed as outdated technology.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...