burping/rattle noise

special0blend

sac
I just built my box last night. I got 1 10"punch hx2. Its dual 4 ohm voice coil. I made a sealed 1.6 cubic ft box and everything is sealed/caulked. i screwed in the sub made sure it was tight and turned the radio on. the sub works but sounds like crap. There is like a noise that sounds like everytime it hits a note theres something on the cone vibrating against it. i dont know what it is but it *****. is 1.6 to big for 1 10 hx2? OR is there something wrong with the sub. I also have 120 watts rms going into it. (weak, i know)

Thanks

Do this. With the power off to the sub gently press the sub in and out. Make sure you use equal pressure on both sides of the cone. you should not hear any scratching noise. If you do then the voice coil has expanded and is rubbing on the voice coil housing.

The specs for that speaker say .75 to 1.75 cubic feet. The box falls into the correct size, so it sounds like there is something loose. Take speaker out and shake it to see if something may be under the dust cover. If not then try and move the speaker like I said before.

It sounds like the voice coils are warped or are rubbing. If they are send the speaker back.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.