Can't get epicenter to sound right

Vega
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Chicago
I've hade my epicenter for a little while now but I haven't really used it because I can't get it to sound right. Whenever I use it it just sounds muddy and doesn't blend in with the music at all. My box is tuned to about 40 to I have it set there. Could it have something to do with me not using the original phone cord that came with it? The original cord got messed up so I used the cord for the bass knob from my KX1200.

I've hade my epicenter for a little while now but I haven't really used it because I can't get it to sound right. Whenever I use it it just sounds muddy and doesn't blend in with the music at all. My box is tuned to about 40 to I have it set there. Could it have something to do with me not using the original phone cord that came with it? The original cord got messed up so I used the cord for the bass knob from my KX1200.
yup thats one of the problems u have....u have to order the cord from audio control....people think its a simple telephone cord...its not..if u look at the wires on the epic cord and a telephone cord or even a bass knob cord such as the 1 your using now....the colors are backwards on the epicenter cord in comparision to the others cords....

yup thats one of the problems u have....u have to order the cord from audio control....people think its a simple telephone cord...its not..if u look at the wires on the epic cord and a telephone cord or even a bass knob cord such as the 1 your using now....the colors are backwards on the epicenter cord in comparision to the others cords....
last time i checked, the color of wires didnt matter... as long as the wire is the same color at the other end, it WILL NOT make a difference... as long as you look in the end of the connector and the wires match up (for example, they go blue yellow green pink on one end, they should be identical on the other side.

if i had to guess, the "bass restoration/enhancement" effect is too prevelant. if this is adjustable, turn it down, it is creating the noises you are describing. and i would agree with the above post suggesting to remove the epicenter from your system. if it only sounds bad when you turn it on, i think you have found your weak link.

last time i checked, the color of wires didnt matter... as long as the wire is the same color at the other end, it WILL NOT make a difference... as long as you look in the end of the connector and the wires match up (for example, they go blue yellow green pink on one end, they should be identical on the other side.
if i had to guess, the "bass restoration/enhancement" effect is too prevelant. if this is adjustable, turn it down, it is creating the noises you are describing. and i would agree with the above post suggesting to remove the epicenter from your system. if it only sounds bad when you turn it on, i think you have found your weak link.
Yeah it only sounds bad when I use it, thats why I don't even use it.

i'm the epicenter god..i know these things inside aand out

i tested telephone cord on a epicenter and it didnt work...and when it did it sounded like a continuos wet fart....but anyway

i have 1 question...did u open up your epic and change the jumpers to send the proper voltage to your subs?//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eyebrow.gif.fe2c18d8720fe8c7eaed347b21ea05a5.gif

if u didnt i garantee u it is set to 5 volts and your turning your epicenter knob all the way up to hear the proper restoration am i correct?

i'm the epicenter god..i know these things inside aand outi tested telephone cord on a epicenter and it didnt work...and when it did it sounded like a continuos wet fart....but anyway

i have 1 question...did u open up your epic and change the jumpers to send the proper voltage to your subs?//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eyebrow.gif.fe2c18d8720fe8c7eaed347b21ea05a5.gif

if u didnt i garantee u it is set to 5 volts and your turning your epicenter knob all the way up to hear the proper restoration am i correct?

No I didn't change the jumpers and yes you are right I do have to turn it up all of the way to get alittle effect.

i f u open up your epic and change your jumpers to 7.5volts and after u close it...set the wide and sweep to factory settings so u can start from scratch..and play young dro shoulder lean...and i garante u will have alot better results

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.