Competitors wanted for Team Ground Zero USA

I'd like to see some real TS numbers on the subs and full specs on the amps with testing (along with methodology for both) to back them up. And I'm not saying there aren't any, just saying that I've not seen them.

I've modeled one of your subs for someone on another forum and I've looked at the published specs for the amps she was using but to be honest, they seemed dubious. Of course, I realize that that could have been something lost in translation and that's the reason for this post.

In short, if you're moving to Rome, speak fluent Roman.

I'd like to see some real TS numbers on the subs and full specs on the amps with testing (along with methodology for both) to back them up. And I'm not saying there aren't any, just saying that I've not seen them.
I've modeled one of your subs for someone on another forum and I've looked at the published specs for the amps she was using but to be honest, they seemed dubious. Of course, I realize that that could have been something lost in translation and that's the reason for this post.

In short, if you're moving to Rome, speak fluent Roman.

What was "dubious" about them? They use a Klippel machine over there in Germany.

If we could keep this thread on track with the subject, that would be great. Feel free to pm me with any specific question or start a new thread for it.

Wow, lots of interest from the members here. Thank you everyone! We are still discussing options with several people, If you are interested do not hesitate to contact us. We are looking to have people competing in various classes and in all of the orgs.

We just fonalized 1 sponsored competitor, he will be competing throughout California, Oregon, and Washington in bass race, park n pound etc. 2 15" Radioactive SPL subs, 2 sets of Uranium 650SQ components, 1 Nuclear 2800xii and 1 Nuclear 4350xii. All of this is going into a proven car show winning Scion XB. You will be able to follow along with the build and install on our Facebook page beginning in January. First show will be at Autorama in February.

I like your bigger amps like your gzpa 1.10k-hc match that with a pair of 15 inch 4in coil spl subs would Make a great demo setup/ bassboxer

I like your bigger amps like your gzpa 1.10k-hc match that with a pair of 15 inch 4in coil spl subs would Make a great demo setup/ bassboxer
Yes it would. However we do not have anything bigger than the 4K available right now. It is super affordable @996 retail.

The 15" Plutonium are impressive subs for sure.

400 + 400 = 1000 according to skar...lol...

ill give ya that....but they don't make videos of themselves showing it failing its ratings
The video in question was his 1000W @ 1 ohm amp making 400W into 4 ohms. All the people making a scene about that fail @ Ohm's law and the video proved the amps made MORE than rated power.

I would be interested in seeing some Amp Dyno results for this amp..
Because if you put SMD on a box with likely a pure resistive load in it it's far more accurate than Fluke meters while driving an actual loudspeaker. I assure you whatever magic Meade is shucking in that box is NOT = the complex circuit of a transducer in a box in a vehicle.

Good luck with this, OP. Definitely a great idea to get product out assuming you're careful about not just giving it out to any knucklehead that wants cheap product.

We are not giving anything away, each person we have spoken to understands this. We are looking for individuals who want to compete in either MECA/IASCA/DBdrag/USACi.

One thing should clear, Ground Zeros products are very well built, a great product and are proven winners.

I don't know if you have anyone doing anything yet in Canada?

I'm not finished my street max build but its on hold for a while. Currently sitting VERY close to this years American finals score //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

I'm in the process of getting another build started, street trunk Db Drags. I was gonna continue using atomic but PM me and maybe we can work something out.

We will need to get approval to work with Canadians, our distribution rights are for the U.S. only.

That said, we are looking at people who can/ want to/ and are financially able to compete on Team Ground Zero with our products. It doesn't make any sense for us to have competitors on our team using another manufacturers subs/amps/etc.. Hopefully everyone understands this and can appreciate why we are taking this stance.

The video in question was his 1000W @ 1 ohm amp making 400W into 4 ohms. All the people making a scene about that fail @ Ohm's law and the video proved the amps made MORE than rated power.

Because if you put SMD on a box with likely a pure resistive load in it it's far more accurate than Fluke meters while driving an actual loudspeaker. I assure you whatever magic Meade is shucking in that box is NOT = the complex circuit of a transducer in a box in a vehicle.

Good luck with this, OP. Definitely a great idea to get product out assuming you're careful about not just giving it out to any knucklehead that wants cheap product.
I'm sure that you're aware that clamp tests are not completely accurate due to amperage and voltage being out of phase. Fixed resistance is generally better for clamping purposes

We will need to get approval to work with Canadians, our distribution rights are for the U.S. only. That said, we are looking at people who can/ want to/ and are financially able to compete on Team Ground Zero with our products. It doesn't make any sense for us to have competitors on our team using another manufacturers subs/amps/etc.. Hopefully everyone understands this and can appreciate why we are taking this stance.
That's going to be a tough sell to 99% of worthy competitors. Most established competitors already have ties to another team but might be willing to try JUST the subs or JUST the amps. Getting someone to dump everything they are currently having success with may be asking too much.

But I wish you luck with it. Let me know if you need some amps tested.

I'm sure that you're aware that clamp tests are not completely accurate due to amperage and voltage being out of phase. Fixed resistance is generally better for clamping purposes
Phase angle is the main reason why testing an amp into a resistive load is pointless because it in no way, shape or form simulates intended application, nor will it hint at actual efficiency or power consumption when you actually put a loudspeaker system onto it. If your primary concern is how well an amp will perform driving into a bank of power resistors I'm sure it's very helpful. Personally I'm more interested what an amp can do driving an actual loudspeaker, in an enclosure, in a vehicle.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Brandon@GZUSA

10+ year member
Brandon@GZUSA
Oregon
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from