Linear Power 5002 (not bad):

Guts.jpg

Crossfire BMF1000d (not bad):

Guts.jpg

Ford Mustang Shaker 500 amp (crap):

Internals.jpg

250 watts RMS my ɑss!

Last edited by a moderator:
This is an excellent thread. Rather than talk about what is crap vs. quality, it's better to educate people on what to look out for in a well made vs. cheaply made amp.

Those sundowns are pure ***!!! Never heard one but they look uber-beasty. its funny i just noticed my 220 watt sony has larger power caps than that eclipse and the cadance. LOL

Those sundowns are pure ***!!! Never heard one but they look uber-beasty. its funny i just noticed my 220 watt sony has larger power caps than that eclipse and the cadance. LOL
Its all relative on how far the camera was away when the pictures were taken. I highly doubt that Sony would bench at 1400@1+ where as the Z1200 did. I highly doubt the Sony puts out the power the Eclipse does too.

Its all relative on how far the camera was away when the pictures were taken. I highly doubt that Sony would bench at 1400@1+ where as the Z1200 did. I highly doubt the Sony puts out the power the Eclipse does too.
No , i wasn't saying it was more powerful , i was just saying how the sony has 2 6800uf caps where the cadence has 1000uf caps , i know both of those amps put out way more power than that sony. ;]

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.