arty
10+ year member

Greece
hey guys

i just bough a kicker 12" l5 sub and a power acoustik bamf200/1d mono block amp

the sub is 600 rms dual 4ohms voice coil

and the amp is 1100 rms at 1ohm load

i just made a custom box for the sub and connected it

total load on the amp with the connection i made was 2ohms(it was supposed to output 900rms)

at first the sub couldn't play very well(couldn't hit hard as it should)

i was very sad about it but this is just the beggining

after about 10 mins of playing

the amp started to smoke and it blown

the ****ed thing played for around 10 mins and then BOOM

do you have any idea why this happened?

i double checked the connections and everything is OK

i bought one when they were first release a couple months back, and it didn't work from day one. sent it back and got my money back. bought a fusion 2001.d, and love it. i have never had any trouble with PA in the past, but it looks like the BAMF's are garbage. RMA it for your money back, and get something else.

I own a Power acustic PS 3000, At first I noticed a smell, like a sulfuric smell when it was warming up, So I took it easy for the next few weeks, then I stop noticing the smell. So I started cranking it up and now it hits hard and clean and LOUD. . I am thinking about getting one more and running dual amps settup to my t5's... Mainly because I dont feel that this particular amp does rated power that I need.

**** I bought a BAMF 2000/1D last month but I haven't powered it up yet. I guess I should check it out before I actually start redoing the install.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.