Does It Matter Korean Or Usa

Actually, if you read the box covers on most products...they're USA made but "assembled" in these countries. I have no idea why they do that, probably labor costs...minimum wage compared to 2 bucks a day, why not??

Actually, if you read the box covers on most products...they're USA made but "assembled" in these countries. I have no idea why they do that, probably labor costs...minimum wage compared to 2 bucks a day, why not??
This amplifier:

OrionHCCA250G4-Web.jpg

says this on the outside:

Made.jpg

but has this printed on the circuit board:

Designed.jpg

It would appear that "Made in the USA" meant assembled in the USA back then. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Too me its more about the components used on the board and not so much as who puts it together but have heard that Korea owns China in amp building period.

The old Fosgates were high quality until stores like Best Buy got saturated with Rockford stuff. I'm just glad I don't give a **** about car audio anymore.[/Q that has nothing to do with it, if you know the history of fosgate, you would know that back when they was on top a (punch 75 was $400, punch150 $500, power 300 was $999 and the power 600 was lkie 1500-1800 and you don't wanna know how much the power 1000 was, but that's all you could get from fosgate, people couldn't afford those high prices, so they came out with another line called series 1, a little cheaper for the masses. they now have 3 series of amps. (prime series, punch series and the power line. the amps that they sell at best buy are the amps for the masses, notice they don't sell the power series there. mostly all the companies that's still up and running all have a lower brand that help keeps the money coming in. everybody just can't go out and spend 800 dollars and an amp and another 500 on subs all willy-nilly. i know i can't lol.

How does Korean amps compare in quality of components as to the amps built in the mid to late 1990's that are still running today?
do this, compare a car from back then, to one now, man technology is hell ain't it

This amplifier:
says this on the outside:

Made.jpg

but has this printed on the circuit board:

Designed.jpg

It would appear that "Made in the USA" meant assembled in the USA back then. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif
HEHE. And it's full of Korean made parts.... LOL... It's made in Korea, engineers over here designed it, but ALL work was done over there, it was shipped over here ready to sell.

Nothing wrong with the current Korean stuff, they been building amps a while and they are pretty good.

Chinesse, well, that's a different story. They make some very powerful amps, but the reason their amps are so cheap is the boards are cheap, the parts are cheap, and they pay their workers less than Koreans do.... Their costs are lower, and they pass that onto the "re-badger". They CAN make good amps, but there are so many little startup audio companies that want cheap powerful gear and they try to make it LOOK as good as possible to the consumer, but they know on the inside it's cheap, and may not last, but that's okay. Back to the point.... The HiFonics amps that are made in China are good, I would say 0 difference from a Korean made amp. Depends on which factory in china builds the amp and how much the amp costs, the more expensive ones are the good ones. If something appears to possibly be too good to be true, because of price, well, unfortuneately hate to bust a lot of bubbles, it probably is just that, too good to be true....

US made amps were great, too bad the technology that is here today in manufacturing processes and the quality components they make these days weren't around back when US companies were building amps, I cannot imagine how badass they would be if they had only started building amps 20 years later than they did... There are some small companies that build their amps here in the US, but be aware, most of the parts in those amps are all the same stuff as in the Korean and Chinesse amps, this is because most of the "good" audio parts are made in Mexico, Japan, and Korea these days, not the US. There is hardly any components made here in the US that I am aware of anyway...

BTW: Be looking out for the Brazilian made amps, they are coming up and more and more re-badgers will be getting their amps from Brazilian factories before you know it. And so far this is a good thing, the Brazil amps, while completely entirely different designs than the current Korean or China amps, are good designs, and built fairly rugged, more rugged than I expected them to be, I would almost be willing to say, built like tanks.

Flame on.....!

All the Orion GX amps I had, have japanese IC's and other parts from various sources out outside of the states.

Alot of the later Zed Audio amps were make in Korea but designed here.

Nothing is ever fully made in any country anymore.

Not once did I ever say that. I'm not a super patriot or anything, but I was born in this country. I take pride in all my work and if I were to produce an amp, I'd want as much of it done here as possible.
I'm sure that's what everyone would say. Then you would start looking at the goods and productions costs here in the USA and then overseas, you'd see monetary differences between them and you'd be saying **** the USA, I'm gonna be rich!!!

I'm sure that's what everyone would say. Then you would start looking at the goods and productions costs here in the USA and then overseas, you'd see monetary differences between them and you'd be saying **** the USA, I'm gonna be rich!!!
I have no interest in being *rich* from car audio amps. Quality would be the number one factor in production. People would buy the amps that I want to build, no matter the cost.

There are Korean build house's doing RnD and design work in Korea and flying the parts and supervisors into China to save on labor costs.

Once a country starts to evolve and grow people start fighting for better conditions raising labor costs. Pretty soon China will be to expensive and it will rotate to another country.

Great stuff can come from anywere it comes down to who is behind it and what they put into it.

American manufacturing has been declining for many years. Too bad they didnt put some stimulas money into building it back up.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.