Elemental Design vs. Resonant Engineering

Ok whatever, most people know that a 12" for any woofer usually produces the most realistic sound for example a bass guitar or some drums. A ten would be ok but you would right away hear a difference if you compared them side by side. And dont even think about a 15. I wouldnt port it hell no. I listen to rock and only rock and I have heard many set ups before buying and installing mine. Get a sealed box and make sure it has no leaks. If you gonna buy one I would go over it with some caulk on the inside again. A ported box will get very annoying with rock music.

^^^^ I agree with him

youu should have named this thread crap vs crap
absolutely, RE and ED are two of the worst car audio companies out there. honestly.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

sirsyco why do you say not to even look at a 15''?

Ok whatever, most people know that a 12" for any woofer usually produces the most realistic sound for example a bass guitar or some drums. A ten would be ok but you would right away hear a difference if you compared them side by side. And dont even think about a 15. I wouldnt port it hell no. I listen to rock and only rock and I have heard many set ups before buying and installing mine. Get a sealed box and make sure it has no leaks. If you gonna buy one I would go over it with some caulk on the inside again. A ported box will get very annoying with rock music.
Educate yourself please.

for the money i would get a 12" O and then seal it. sealed boxes are smaller than ported boxes so you don't need to worry about sound. The Re's will be a lot louder, they will have better SQ too, but for the price the O is much better and you most likely wouldn't notice unless you are an audiophile. If you want to stretch your budget a little bit more then get the magnum at stereointegrity.com.

I got 2 B's from eD (theyre no longer in stock). The B's supposedly are comparable to the eD O's. If you wish I can tell you if it sounds good or not. just pm me or reach me on aim at frozenfire89.

Re is really good but it seems overrpriced in comparison to eD, its seems more practical to save yourself 200 dollars when the SQ is barely noticable to someone who is new to caraudio.

Plus, someone correct me if im wrong, but eD's are very reliable and long lasting.

whatever you get it will sound better than circuitcity subs...

You couldn't be more wrong.

doesn't sound like you like ported.... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rotflol.gif.b453361716769b8110ddefc85ff03cd2.gif

any woofer(the same series from same company) can make the same sound as any other in the line, if installed correctly...i've never had a problem w/ ported and rock music, maybe you just had a less than ideal box...

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rotflol.gif.b453361716769b8110ddefc85ff03cd2.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rotflol.gif.b453361716769b8110ddefc85ff03cd2.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rotflol.gif.b453361716769b8110ddefc85ff03cd2.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.