First comp.....Tweeter HELP!!!!

D.T.P.

First off....

for some reason I'm having trouble logging on with my old name

XDRKMANX

I got my system metered today and only hit 143 with two XXX 12's. I know I should be getting a lot more out of my subs. Some one was up at the car show with a single RE HE 15 (I think, one of the lower lines) and hit high 140's (Hatchback).

http://gallery.caraudio.com/pp/showgallery.php?cat=2&stype=2&si=xdrkmanx&perpage=12&sort=1&password=&ppuser=&friendemail=email@yourfriend.com

What can I do????

Thanks

I've never seen so many KICKER stickers.

They did have a astro van with 4 of the new KICKER 10,000 watt subs. You could walk into the port....crazy

164db

hatchbacks are bound to get louder...

wait for people to now tell you " it's all in the install".

Btw, I think your isntall is neat-O. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

cut ports out of the back seats/back deck, try angling speakers for maximum spl(if you have a meter just laying around). i don't know what head unit you have, but you might be able to adjust the q/k? factor so that you can adjust the peaks of your different frequencies. i have a pioneer H/U that has some decent imaging features.

and i like the dyanamat...XTREME!

by the way, is cutting ports out/removing speakers from the back deck illegal in competitions? i was wondering..

I found out what was wrong.

One of my amps is shot and the other one is having troubles with the power supply. So I guess 143 isn't too bad running off of 3/4 of an amp.

I going to start saving up and buy a pair of RE amps.

How important is trunk dampening in car audio....I noticed in my old chevy my cheap subs and amp sounded great....Now I have a Mitsubishi Galant, a jl 500.1 amp and 2 12 jl w3v2's and can't get it to sound right it's even hurting my ears.

What my question is does every car need dampening or does some cars innately need it more than others?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.