Focal 165V Slim or Diamond M661

did you get the aluminum tweets or silk?

i dont like the aluminum diamond tweets, way too harsh, but the silks sound just right to me. the aluminums work well in cars like S2000's (convertibles) but for the average person, they are too much.

did you attenuate the tweeter any? on the crossover there is jumper for adjusting the tweeter, it should be -2, 0, +2. 0 is the default, so you would want it on on -2, try that and see how you like it.

They are aluminum. Crossover is set at zero. Definately needs to goto -2. Even then, since the tweeters are up high in the truck, I don't think it will be enough.

Then again, its whatever you think sounds good. Its not my car, so it doesn't matter.

I got the aluminum speakers and they are very harsh. I will probally pull the door panel off this weekend or something and set the crossovers to -2. I wish there was some way I could sell the aluminum tweeters and get the silk ones. The speakers sound real crisp but the tweeters are just..... ear bleedingly harsh.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.