Forte Koup Build (Image heavy)

Fireitup
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Alabama
Going to be Deadening the whole rear half of car and doors. Also building box for SSA XCON 15" nothing really special. Will more than likely be using MurderMat MDK for trunk/rear deck and BL for the doors. Will get some before and after videos of the flex and rattle. Will post pics of the car soon.

Pics of the XCON i picked up locally for $200.

Backseat out and most of trim out, not gonna remove trunk stuff til deadener arrives.

Got wood and supplies to build box

Box Design(keeping it simple for now since this is my first box)

Enclosure Specifications:

Fb = 32 Hz

Vb = 4 ft^3

External Height = 14 in

External Width = 33 in

External Depth = 27 in

Port Width = 5 in

Cut Sheet List:

* All Dimensions in Inches.

* Wood Thickness is 3/4 for all Parts.

External Enclosure Parts:

2 x Top & Bottom (3 parts) = 33 x 27

Left & Right Sides =

Side 1 = 25 1/2 x 11 3/4

Side 2 = 26 1/4 x 11 3/4

Front = 27 1/4 x 11 3/4

Back = 33 x 11 3/4

L Port Internal Assembly Parts:

Front to Back = 20 1/2 x 11 3/4

Extension = 3 x 11 3/4

Little update. Murdermat deadener should be here in the next day or so. Finishing up box build, don't think i did all that bad considering it is my first.

Back, sides and port glued in.

First coat of resin

Second coat of resin and resined bot of top before i glue it on.

Yeh i will probably use these with any other prjects i have as well. Work so much better than the black phillips head screws.

---------- Post added at 06:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:16 PM ----------

Btw anyone have an idea which side i should put my terminal bolts on?

The bolts can go pretty much any side. I wouldn't put them in the way of the port, but I would put them were they work good for how you plan to wire up your amp.

The bolts can go pretty much any side. I wouldn't put them in the way of the port, but I would put them were they work good for how you plan to wire up your amp.
Would up top next off to the side of the sub hurt?

Naw, should be ok.

Just try not to put it with a few inches of the port opening if you can keep from it. Other then that the entire area is open for you to choose.

Update, Murdermat came in. Sub finally in box and in car, not deadened yet. Will post up some videos of flex and what not tomorrow. Will also post pics of Murdermat.

Pics of box in car:

Yay no trunk left...

And actually the way its in there i can't even put my back seat back in... Will have to see if i can turn it while it's in the trunk. Will also post some pics of the box out of the trunk tomorrow as well. Would do it now, but **** this thing is ******* heavy to pick up alone... Plan on glassing the outside this weekend and painting. Anyone have any suggestions as to what to put on the bottom of the box so it will slide easier??

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.