got a cvr and don't know if its powerful and strong

If I fact 1 10" kicker was a heart ponder to you then maybe you should just stick with that. I myself started with two kicker comps on 500 watts. And been searching for the next best thing after that. This hobby is pretty addictive and I don't know if it the same for everyone but after having a set up for a few months I need more and seem to be getting immune to my current set up.
That's always the way my brutha! More, more, more! It seems like you get used to your current setup in a matter of months and it's time for another upgrade. And I agree, if the OP thought that one 10" CVR was "terrifying" he might not want to venture too far away from that. LOL!

This thread has made me call kicker and get a few subs today. (no bs I really just did)

Anyone want to get a demo from 3 kicker 12s and then explain why they not only sound good to the ear but meter well? (should be put together for a show here on May 5th for anyone local)

OP- this forum is very biased when it comes to product. In reality though, kicker subs are not all that bad. They are just misunderstood. Many people get them thinking they are the end all be all sub because they were made by kicker. Which has made this forum turn against them over the years as they are a main stream company. In the correct enclosure and proper settings they do very very well and can sound great as well. Anyone who tells you other wise is simply "hating" on kicker or has never has the chance to experience an enclosure designed properly for them and/or proper settings.

I have +/- $200 for a sub only.........btw the kicker was a 12"......n it was really loud....not 140db loud etc...was just louder then the dd at 2ohms.....but ag my perspective on loud might not be the same as anyone elses,visa versa.....do anyone here know much about targa and ice power?

Lol that 12" cvr was vibrating walls on other peoples property....setting alarms off and irritating the old people....and I'm seriously not being biased....kicker isn't the best and certainly aint the worst...thts for sure

Lol that 12" cvr was vibrating walls on other peoples property....setting alarms off and irritating the old people....and I'm seriously not being biased....kicker isn't the best and certainly aint the worst...thts for sure
kicker ain't all too bad, just me personally i wouldn't pay the retail for it, get that cvr in the right enclosure and the right power and sure you will be happy for a single 12 man, goodluck on your install

Hey he asked for honest opinion I just gave my 2 cents. You can't push any kicker sub over there rms without burnt voice coils. I'd stay away from them. There's plenty of other better options
I ran my CVRs 250 watts over RMS clipped to hell and they never got damaged.

if you have a Kicker CVR, i wouldn't even give it one watt over rated RMS. Personally, i would sell the Kicker and look at the caraudio.com classifieds. all of my equipment is used and i couldn't be happier with it... i also probably saved about 60% off of retail if i were to buy them new.
i disagree with REDz28 when he suggests a Hifonics amp.. if you can come across one of the older models, then go for it. but as far as the newer ones go, i'd stay away.

the Kicker CVR can get low in the right enclosure, but better can be had for the money. there's a reason why i **** talk Kicker in threads where they are brought up. I've never run one but have plenty of friends who have... they think it sounds great, but they've obviously never heard anything else. They want bass just to rattle their car, not to listen to music.
Sit in my car and tell me how crappy my kickers sound. Just cause your friends kickers sounded like crap doesn't mean they all will. Were they in proper enclosures?

I ran my CVRs 250 watts over RMS clipped to hell and they never got damaged.

Sit in my car and tell me how crappy my kickers sound. Just cause your friends kickers sounded like crap doesn't mean they all will. Were they in proper enclosures?
You should road trip up here for the show on the 5th and/or the larger show in June :p

OP, just pick up a cheaper amp that does power at 1 ohm and use it 2 ohm. You will find that is a lot cheaper then trying to find decent power at higher ohm loads.

Hifonics Amp really aren't that bad for what you pay I doubt they put out the rated power but for a cheap amp I think there decent. I swear by American Bass but not everyone wants to spend the money. I also don't doubt kicker subs can get loud, the problem is most people who buy kicker subs just throw them in some prefab box and go. I suppose your right and I should just hate on kicker because of it being a mainstream company I'm not fond up the subs though and haven't heard a setup where there actually loud and good sounding

I've heard the Hifonics BRZ line is actually a decent line of amps. It's no Sundown by any means, but for what you're paying, I heard the BRZ line isn't bad.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

faeezhio

faeezhio
cape town, SA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
BoomBoxStereo