Help with enclosure for 12" aq hdc4

Participant count
  • Participant list
Im still a beginner when it comes to designing my own enclosures but this is what I came up with so far.

28" x 15" x 22.5 (.75 for double baffle)

port: 4" x 13.5" and 42" long to be at around 35-36 hz (54 sq inches of port or 21.6 per cu ft)

gross: 4.14 cu ft gross

2.50 cu ft net before displacement.

Does this seem correct and does it seem to be like a good enclosure design?

View attachment 26537740

Last edited by a moderator:
I always thought aq loved the port area?
meh... they dont have the strongest motor out there... so a larger box and a little smaller on the port area is optimal IMO.. 21 is pretty high either way. 17 would be perfect. highest I would go is 18

little less port area. go for about 16-17 per cu ft.
Enclosure volume does not effect port volume.... The displacement capabilities determine the port area of the subwoofer. Since AQ doesn't list the Xmax of the sub I'm assuming its around 25mm, with a tuning of 36 hz 50in^2 of port area would be about the minimum I would use.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.