• Thread starter Unregistered
  • Start date
  • Replies 4
  • Views 468
    Participant count
  • Participant list
U

Unregistered

Hi, I bought a Toyota Matrix. I want a new sound system for my car. I am willing to spend about $1200 for a kick ass system. Alpine preferred. I have no clue in the layout of this new system, never had a station wagon before. Can anyone help me?

Well first off, "kick-ass" is a very person specific saying. What kicks ass to you? Where do you place the importance of certain aspects of sound. Do you want SPL, SQ, a little of both, more of one or the other? Cool car, btw.

what he was asking was...

SPL= sound pressure level, or in layman terms, loudness

SQ= sound quality

does the matrix owner want to be loud with no consideration to how he/she sounds or do they want to sound awesome with little respect to how loud or (the best option) a compromise between the two. once the matrix owner answers then suggestions has to what to get can be given based upon the what equipment is better at what they are trying to achieve.

hope that helps trd-matrix.

im in the same boat.. got a matrix and looking into some new sounds...

have planed to get

PIONEER PREMIER DEH-P940MP

infinity perfect 6.1 for the front

leaving the rear the same

2 infinity basslinks...

as i have been reading i see that the perfect 6.1 are better ran trew an amp.. The 6.1 says 100rms-400max

is it posible to run the rear on the HU and a amp just gt the 6.1?

now which amp would one recomend?

dont know much of car audio but want to get an idea what is good.. so when i go to a car audio installer i can see what they suggest..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.