Hifonics Brz1700.1D

Participant count
  • Participant list
Car has a 120 amp alt and OEM batt in trunk what if I run the big 100 ah deka ?
I personally think it has nothing to do with batteries but alternator output. Mine is 125 amp stock and I run a BRZ2400 at 2 ohm and its still a little rough on my alt. Even if I had 17 batteries in my trunk, still doesn't change the fact that my alternator only supplies 125 amps.

It's the brutal troof of car audio.. amps over errthang

Run at .5 WIth gain way down ?
Try it with the gain at a level where it pushes the sub but isn't at full tilt. feel the amp up to see if it is getting hot and make sure it doesn't get too hot. I would assume that you would definately be at over 1ohm though after imp rise with wires and box and stuff.

If it helps, I ran one of those 1208d (i think that was the model number) at half ohm but it performed perfectly fine, not getting too hot. I was using 14g speaker wire and I'm sure that helped the impedance rise a little, plus the box rise.

If it helps, I ran one of those 1208d (i think that was the model number) at half ohm but it performed perfectly fine, not getting too hot. I was using 14g speaker wire and I'm sure that helped the impedance rise a little, plus the box rise.
My moofer has 8g direct connects lol

Yep 8g direct from moofer to amp
Thats dank.

Same. I ran a bxi1210d at .5 on two type r's and it was fine. I still have it chillen in my closet actually, I beat the **** out of that thing still works fine. And the BRZ line is much stronger, I'm a huge fan.

Just haven't felt the need to .5 my brz2400 yet.. maybe when it gets a little warmer out ill change it up, but really I just need to buy another one for the other sub but dont feel like running another set of cable

Anyone with me on the alternator though.. Cause if not please enlighten me

Don't get me wrong I have a nice big battery, but I feel that it's pointless adding more unless I upgrade the alternator to at least 200-250 amps first.

Also, of course unless I plan on wanging while my car is off but this is my daily driver not a bass racer. So why the extra fatty batteries?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.