How can CarAudio.com be better? Please vote!

How can CarAudio.com be better?

• It’s fine the way it is!

• Site design is terrible. Change it.

• Site is hard to use.

• Site loads too slow.

• Other. I’ll tell you below in the comments.

Results are only viewable after voting.
I think car audio in general is just not as popular as it once was. Stock is better than it used to be and it’s not as easy to DIY anymore. I used to frequent a site dedicated to Tacomas but since they got rid of the mini truck It hasn’t been the same. A home audio site I frequently visit isn’t as popular as it once was either.

For the short time I have been here, which is about 9 months, I have noticed a lot of people come in, ask a few questions about products preference, then never return. Having product discounts, product reps, and more than just a place for tech tips, I believe would draw people back.

How about a quick access tab, at the top of the home page, for custom install pics? Searching for stuff, in any forum, is a pain in the a$$.

Forum is MUCH better than DIYMA. Those guys and the guys on SMD are pretentious buttholes. Then Reddit is never ending newbie quesitons and the people who give answers are clearly no more exerienced than the person asking.

Everyone here gets along for the most post except for the occasional **** throwing matches

Forum is MUCH better than DIYMA. Those guys and the guys on SMD are pretentious buttholes. Then Reddit is never ending newbie quesitons and the people who give answers are clearly no more exerienced than the person asking.

Everyone here gets along for the most post except for the occasional **** throwing matches
I agree. For 80-90% of car audio questions this is one of the better places to get info. But since we don't generate 20 page long threads about JL W6 vs Alpine Type R with everybody from the know-it-alls to complete newbies chiming in, we get punished in the search algorithm.

Create a "knowledge base" section for proven facts. That would decrease arguments, decrease duplicate threads, and increase traffic because the site would become a reputable resource in addition to being a forum.

Ah...the all knowing book 😂
Id rather save a Tree..LOL
Baby Laughing GIF

Create a "knowledge base" section for proven facts. That would decrease arguments, decrease duplicate threads, and increase traffic because the site would become a reputable resource in addition to being a forum.
Problem with that is finding authoritative authors. It's a pet peeve of mine that so much info on the web is simply wrong. Too often what passes as "common knowledge" is just regurgitated crap gleaned from some well written web site or a nicely produced YouTube video by clueless people who claim to be experts. I'd want to have a review board (maybe a separate forum section) that approved a thread before posting it as a sticky.

Problem with that is finding authoritative authors. It's a pet peeve of mine that so much info on the web is simply wrong. Too often what passes as "common knowledge" is just regurgitated crap gleaned from some well written web site or a nicely produced YouTube video by clueless people who claim to be experts. I'd want to have a review board (maybe a separate forum section) that approved a thread before posting it as a sticky.
I absolutely agree. "Common knowledge (misconceptions)" shouldn't make the list. Proven things like ohm's law, how to use a multimeter, and tricks of the trade would help 75% of the questions we get.
Another 24% of posts are gear recommendations. 1% of posts are new information, and that's being generous.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...