How can CarAudio.com be better? Please vote!

How can CarAudio.com be better?

• It’s fine the way it is!

• Site design is terrible. Change it.

• Site is hard to use.

• Site loads too slow.

• Other. I’ll tell you below in the comments.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Diyamobile always been corner stone in SQ community so maybe have a whole sub forum here?
I'm very much down for a SQ forum, as today, that's all a lot of folks desire. I tried to incorporate that into the General Car Audio forum, noting it in the forum description. Perhaps take it a step further?

I don't want too many forums though. Today the younger generation thinks forums are "old" and taking time to sort through a lot of them turns some away. So keeping it simple is also a way to go. Perhaps having thread prefixes?

Maybe a section on subwoofer enclosure where they can get information types also horns, IB, bandpass types. Maybe buck or shredder can write something up

Maybe a section on subwoofer enclosure where they can get information types also horns, IB, bandpass types. Maybe buck or shredder can write something up
I love to design but adding $ to the mix or the thought of writing some kind of learned paper to be flamed and ridiculed ranks up there with sticking my head in the toilet just to wet my hair. From what I've seen on the internet it resembles combat against that proverbial wet paper towel at times... no thx.

Once in awhile I like SOME compensation for my time and effort but when I was charging for each design it literally burnt me out to the point I gifted away a ton of audio gear, refunded some designs without caring why and walked away from car audio in general. At this point I'm rocking a HU, door coax on deck power with a Kicker 12. That's where I am mentally after walking away. And its taken me like 3yr just to install that. The HU came with the car.

But I do like to help and designing is how I prefer to help. But... please no homework.

Last edited:
I second this. I was trying to find the thread of the guy claiming to build subs that could destroy your car. I typed in key words from the convo to no avail. When I got logged out, I could not find the way back in. It was a circuitious path to find the member login tab.
Couldn't find a way to log back in? I admit the login icon on mobile can be hard to understand. I added text to it on mobile now also to make it easier to locate.

I love to design but adding $ to the mix or the thought of writing some kind of learned paper to be flamed and ridiculed ranks up there with sticking my head in the toilet just to wet my hair. From what I've seen on the internet it resembles combat against that proverbial wet paper towel at times... no thx.

Once in awhile I like SOME compensation for my time and effort but when I was charging for each design it literally burnt me out to the point I gifted away a ton of audio gear, refunded some designs without caring why and walked away from car audio in general. At this point I'm rocking a HU, door coax on deck power with a Kicker 12. That's where I am mentally after walking away. And its taken me like 3yr just to install that. The HU came with the car.

But I do like to help and designing is how I prefer to help. But... please no homework.
Make a faq and lock the thread.

Make a faq and lock the thread.
I'm a 57 year old stroke survivor bro, for like 9yr I've dealt with memory holes and focus issues. Plus assorted other communication problems, your suggestion would be 100% applicable for most.
I'd rather stay in my lane where everything just comes to me as I envision the final product. Or optimally just throw designs out there for consideration, let the forum give advice on what to pick etc.
Easier to just design or take requests than pontificate like the DIYMA blowhards.
A FAQ? I'd be editing forever.

https://sebpearce.com/********/

My brother actually went to the U of A with Seb, overeducated people with strong views need real debate.

Otherwise its "trust the science" or "I am the science"... hows that working out?

Last edited:
When trying to put some designs into the database this happened

bBzmif.jpg

Posting these takes a little work, I am stuck on the 4th today. Baltic Birch X-10 ported is ready to go. I hope it don't disappear and I have to redo it

😭

Last edited:
When trying to put some designs into the database this happened

bBzmif.jpg

Posting these takes a little work, I am stuck on the 4th today. Baltic Birch X-10 ported is ready to go. I hope it don't disappear and I have to redo it

😭
Sorry about that, just a spam prevention thing. I removed it for you to post. Should be ok now.

Don't put daily post limits on even private conversations between members. If you want site traffic and you want Google to reward you for traffic, then limiting traffic doesn't help your cause.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...