how do you know if you have too much airspace..

cjj2d
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Murfreesboro
for your sub? I have been playing with my system and amp for a couple of days. I really like this 15 D2, but I think I have something set or done wrong. I am not getting much out of the sub at vol levels of 20 and lower. once I get above the 20 mark it starts moving, really moving! if anyone has any suggestions feel free to add. could it be my elec system not giving my amp enough power?

I tried that, still the same. Is it possible that my battery and alt is not giving my amp enough juice to produce the rated power and I just need to upgrade to a yellow top and possibly a HO alt? cause when I was running 500-600 watts to it it was doing great, then when I put on that PG Tantrum 1200.1 (1507 by birthsheet) this started.

I am currently running 300 watts to my front stage and that PG Tantrum to the sub. about 1800 total watts. a little more than double what I was running.

If it was a power supply problem then it would be fine at low volume (less power drawn from the alt) and would start to suffer at high volume (more power drawn from the alt) so that is not your problem. Check that you gain is set correctly on the tantrum. Check that when you unplugged the RCA from the old amp to put in the new that you didn't pull something loose inside the RCA. Wiggle the plug with the volume down a bit and see if you get any change. Check to make sure you have a good connection between the RCA and the input of the amp. It is possible that you have a bad connection that is decreasing the signal voltage being received by the amp and basically attenuating it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.