How much power can a 3 inch VC take?

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif
What application?
Application has nothing to do with how much power a coil can handle thermally.

Depends on spider, motor strength, surround etc.....just the coild can't give you a for sure power handling.
wrong

VC diameter by itself means only that the VC has that diameter. It doesn't speak to anything that has much to do with power handling.
wrong

There are many different types of coils. An eight layer aluminum flatwind coil can handle up to around 3000, not much more.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Similar threads

Specs https://www.skaraudio.com/products/vxf-15-inch-car-subwoofer
I would suggest 80 ah of yinglong lithium and a H/O alternator. I'm running 40 ah with a 320 alternator on a 3.5K and it isn't enough.
They were awesomne man. The components and Coax speakers I shoulk have kept. Theyre amps were pretty nice too. I never ran any of theyre subs...
Buck, great idea. I did that tonight, and it actually didn't wheeze like a fat guy trying to run a marathon. I am going to put two windows that...
Oh, just for future reference. Put $800 OBO, or you will only get that $600, or less. ;)

About this thread

Magnus

10+ year member
U mad brah?
Magnus
Midwest
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date