How to make a box smaller?

I need to put some wood on the inside of the box to take up about 1-1.5 cubic feet inside my box. I think i could take up some volume by bracing the box.
what is the best way to do it so i dont screw up the acustics of the box?
You could make bracing... or just make it a double chambered box. But that would require you to take off one side of the box so you can slide the piece in and screw it in / glue it in.

But, x2 on just building a new one?

okay sorry i havent explained my situation enough.

PICS FTW

P1010304.jpg

P1010305.jpg

P1010288.jpg

P1010287.jpg

vids

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3xP0Dxn7v8

as you can see the box is jammed in the back deck and bolted in many places. The box is 4 cubes net which is much too big. I need around 2.75-3 cubes

If i did a brace in the shape of a cross, would that affect airflow at all?

as you can see the box is jammed in the back deck and bolted in many places. The box is 4 cubes net which is much too big. I need around 2.75-3 cubes
If i did a brace in the shape of a cross, would that affect airflow at all?

Actually I can't see, but I'll take your word for it.

However, any bracing (as long as it's not in the way of the port) will effect the pressure. Just keep a good distance from the port and you can put whatever you want in there.

is it truly that hard to make the box square? Some really rough cuts there
Just rebuild the box
thanks for the confidence, if you had looked at the other pictures this pic was when i test fitted the box //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/nono.gif.eca61d170185779e0921b0faa9704973.gif

I dont know what kind of box you build but i screw my back panel in......

LMFAO....i think your mom busted you at the end of the youtube vid. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wow.gif.23d729408e9177caa2a0ed6a2ba6588e.gif

-yes you can use coke bottles. its hard as a mutha to compress them. they will rattle and slide around though. you can use anything you want that has volume and wont compress.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.