how to wire 2 mix match subs for...

earth_bender

chicago
i got two 12" kicker subs one 12 4ohm svc and the other is dvc how can i wire this to a mono amp for now until i get matching subs i don't want to wait i need bass i could hook it jus for the sake of hooking it up but i want it done right as much as possible what scenario would be a good one for me

i got two 12" kicker subs one 12 4ohm svc and the other is dvc how can i wire this to a mono amp for now until i get matching subs i don't want to wait i need bass i could hook it jus for the sake of hooking it up but i want it done right as much as possible what scenario would be a good one for me

Use one sub and sell the other. Hooking both up is just a recipe for disaster

What amp do u have like I'd just treat as 3 4 ohm svc (Google that) wire so your not lower then your amps stable at...( As long as your dvc is a 4 ohm also)

And for all you that's going to give me **** about this, I had a buddy running 3 completely different subs n sizes ( I wouldn't) but it worked fine for him...:/ so bump them till blow.

What amp do u have like I'd just treat as 3 4 ohm svc (Google that) wire so your not lower then your amps stable at...( As long as your dvc is a 4 ohm also)

And for all you that's going to give me **** about this, I had a buddy running 3 completely different subs n sizes ( I wouldn't) but it worked fine for him...:/ so bump them till blow.
Ideally if he insists on running both he should only wire one coil on the dual voice coil sub assuming it's w dual 4 ohm that would give him more consistency between the two but really he shouldn't do it at all

He shouldn't do it quite frankly because they are kicker. Sell them and come back with a budget you won't be disappointed you decided to go with a good brand and not mainstream garbage.

Take the DVC (assuming it's 4ohm DVC) and run the two coils in parallel for a 2ohm load. Take sub(at 2ohms) and run it parallel to the 12ohm sub. The result will be 1.7ohms. Run this to a 2ohm mono stable amp and you're good to go.

By the way...the 1.7ohms is DCR(direct current resistance), that is different from nominal impedance which is reactive inductance. Once the voicecoil is energized/heated the DCR will rise due to heat and the nominal impedance will rise as well. not only that but most musical material will keep the subs playing well above 2ohms anyway.

2ohm mono amp and you're fine.

ok! I hear y'all one more scenario how would i go about this if i brought the matching subs and wired it to a dx1000.1 it is 1 ohm stable so total 4 subs

2 svc kicker comp 400/2 dvc kicker cvr 400 and also have a kicker comp 15" 4 ohm svc 250 rms i've hearing about head room and that you can actually push your sub with more watts than it's original rms is this true and how far would you go with this type 15" sub i got a 1.500 kicker dx

ok! I hear y'all one more scenario how would i go about this if i brought the matching subs and wired it to a dx1000.1 it is 1 ohm stable so total 4 subs2 svc kicker comp 400/2 dvc kicker cvr 400 and also have a kicker comp 15" 4 ohm svc 250 rms i've hearing about head room and that you can actually push your sub with more watts than it's original rms is this true and how far would you go with this type 15" sub i got a 1.500 kicker dx
Just don't.. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wow.gif.23d729408e9177caa2a0ed6a2ba6588e.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.