I Need a Critique of my Planned System

Squalyone

Okay I am looking at installing a new sound system into my 94 Ford Probe. Since its not that great of a car, I decided I want to get a very nice sound system to make up for it. I am looking at putting a Rockford Fosgate Punch 301X 900 Watt Amp onto my four car speakers (Kenwood Aftermarket speakers) Then I am going to connect Two Rockford Fosgate RFD2212 12" HX2 Subs at 2000 Watts Max. Power to a Rockford Fosgate 801 2,400 Watt Amp. The Subs will be housed in a Q-Logic QB-212.3 Duel 12" Bandpass Box. I am also looking for any information on a special Music Car Battery (if that exists) Any information or suggestions on my plan would be extremely helpful. Thankz.

Power to a Rockford Fosgate 801 2,400 Watt Amp. The Subs will be housed in a Q-Logic QB-212.3 Duel 12" Bandpass Box.
You got HX2's, so ditch the bandpass box and run them ported!
I am also looking for any information on a special Music Car Battery (if that exists)
Optima yellow or red top!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

hey! how dare you say that a 2nd gen probe is "not that great" I have owned 2 2nd gen gt's and 3 89-91 gt's, 1st gens gt's are fast (turbo) and 2nd gen gt's can handel like a beyatch!! got decent power and have really nice looks, go over to probeaddiction.com or probetalk.com and check out the cars there.. I working with my 93 gt, and it's a very good car for sound, I'm running with cdt components with custom build door panels and fiberglassed tweeters in the sail panels, running a re hu 12" sealed., planes are to run cdt's enhacement tweeter kit and a second set of cdt components in the rear sail panels. never, never say a probe is "not great" this car was supposed to replace the mustang. ford got scared because this car could outdo the mustang only being half a second slower than the mustang's v8 5.0 but could out handel the mustang like no tommarow, ne ways i could tell you1 million reasons the probe i great but i have not tht much time !//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/clap.gif.178cba2c538c68e720c727fcb024b19c.gif

Yeah, the GT is underestimated as a quick car, i use to have a 94 626 with a KLZE engine and I loved the way it tore up the street.

Now I have a Geo Prizm //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

ummmm....just to let you know, honestly you wanted critiqueing (sp?)...you want a "very nice" system that's not going to be the wisest way to spend your money. How much do you want to spend? (subs, sub amp, speaker amp, maybe sell current speakers, box) like a total budget. Stick around here you'll learn alot, and find out about plenty of other companies...check them out...if u want to get the very best you can get for the amount of money u have to spend, then stick around and take our advice. peace

NG

Okay, I'm starting to get an idea of what I need here. My budget will probably be around $2000. By the way, I wasnt meaning to diss my car I was just saying that I wouldnt stick with it if I was given the chance at a faster car. Even though I have the standard SE model I can still hold my own in a street race. I have SEVERELY rethought my bandpass box, with the tremendous outcry of everyone saying no, I'm looking into a ported or sealed box, any suggestion there? I checked into the Optima Yellow Top battery and they seem good, but I only glanced at it for a second. To clear this up, the Kenwoods in my car were not my choice, both the front and rear speakers were gifts. Replacement Suggestions? I'm VERY new at this car audio thing and am taking any info I can get. Be brutal about critiqing my system, I really dont mind, I'm hoping to get the most for my money and blow everyone else off the road with my system, Any constructive Critism is very much appreciated. (Also, I never go into any store and talk to a sales person, I do all my shopping on the internet to avoid being sold crap) I've also been hearing that I should rethink the amp in terms of not enough power for the subs, I need to find something with more power, what would be recommended for this? Also with the subs I am open to any suggestions on other brands/models, I am looking at a system with around 1000 Watt RMS in the subs. I am willing to be talked out of the brand names I wrote earlier For the speakers I dont care Wattage I just care about sound quality. Thankz for the help it is very appreciated and I hope with all the info I'm getting, I can make the best system possibe with the $ I got.

Well the Optima Yellow Top is a great battery for car audio, it's deep cycle and can keep it's charge longer then regular batteries, plus will last years longer, and there is no need to ever put any water or anything in it. The HX2 is a SPL sub, will get very loud but dose not sound too good. Plus they are power hungry and you would have to send at least 1000WRMS to each one to get the most out of them. You will want to get a good HU, some nice components up front, one or two good subs, and two amps (one for components one for subs). You will also want to upgrade your magic 3, get a Optima Yellow Top battery, and maybe even a bigger alternator. Here are some things you will want to look into...

HU's- Alpine CDA-9815, Eclipse 8443

Components- Diamond Audio HEX's, Focal Utopia, Boston Acoustic Pro 6.5 Series, DynAudio 360

Subs- Resonant Engineering XXX, Adire Brahama, Stereo Integrity Magnum D2, JL Audio W7, Alpine Type X, Image Dynamics IDMAX, RF HX2, Kicker L7

Amps- Orion, Alpine, Hifonics, JL Audio, Kicker, Rockford Fosgate, Soundstream

I'm sure I'm forgetting alot and other's will help out too. You might also want to look into some sound deadener to help stop rattles from the sub/subs. Plus if you don't have a good alarm for your car you will want to pick one up also, even though it wont stop anyone if they really want anything.

Well, $2000 is a great place to start. AND, your looking into good SQ.

HU: Alpine 7995, can be had for $300 on the net. PLUS, it DOES NOT have an internal amp...since suggested setup will have an amp to power speakers, no need to waste money on a HU w/ an internal amp you won't use.

Speakers: CDT HD-62ef 6.5" components http://www.thezeb.com great set of components, no need for rear fill with these. $200

Speaker amp: US acoustics 4065, great amp... look for it online. Bridge this four channel amp to get 160x2 watts rms...great for the components. ~$150

Sub(s): SQ oriented...2x Stereo Integrity Magnum d2 12" great subs, rediculous SQ and will get loud! $600

Sub Amps: 2x PG Tantrum 1200.1 or 2x Hifonics bx1000d's....either are a good choice. $450-600...cheaper to go with the hifonics

BOX: http://www.gnomeaudio.com Donn will build you a great custom box. I'd go sealed in ur probe...and since you want SQ. Give them 1.5-2 cubes each. So a 3-4 cube net box for them would be great. $60~120?? should NOT be too expensive.

Electrical: OK, ur car may be good for you...but seriously the electrical system REALLY *****. My BEST friend had a probe...and only had 400 watts rms and some neons and his alt was pukin on him and battery was dyin. SO, you NEED to look at http://www.excessiveamperage.com Nate will build great custom alts that put out their rated amperage. A High output 200 amp alternator usually runs around $280-300.

$2050 or so....great system and would include EVERYTHING you need including electrical upgrade. I tell you, YOU HAVE to have upgrade ur alt. Peace.

NG

i think you guys are thinking of the power HX2's, by the model number they are the punch hx2's. there is way better for the money.

al

Probes do not handle that well, they're pretty fast, and, although my friends aren't the best references for drivers who are easy on their vehicles, they also haven't been very reliable for those people that I know. So if you'd like to tell me why the Probe is great, take the time and convince me //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
Now, about the sound system: I would probably get an aftermarket head unit, and I definitely wouldn't go with a bandpass enclosure (let alone one from Q-Logic). The rest sounds decent //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
I'll be posting a video soon, of a stock 93 gt 5spd, on the malibu canyon roads. i'll let the video speak for me and convince you. oh yeah probes handel very well //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/clap.gif.178cba2c538c68e720c727fcb024b19c.gif

Well, $2000 is a great place to start. AND, your looking into good SQ.HU: Alpine 7995, can be had for $300 on the net. PLUS, it DOES NOT have an internal amp...since suggested setup will have an amp to power speakers, no need to waste money on a HU w/ an internal amp you won't use.

Speakers: CDT HD-62ef 6.5" components http://www.thezeb.com great set of components, no need for rear fill with these. $200

Speaker amp: US acoustics 4065, great amp... look for it online. Bridge this four channel amp to get 160x2 watts rms...great for the components. ~$150

Sub(s): SQ oriented...2x Stereo Integrity Magnum d2 12" great subs, rediculous SQ and will get loud! $600

Sub Amps: 2x PG Tantrum 1200.1 or 2x Hifonics bx1000d's....either are a good choice. $450-600...cheaper to go with the hifonics

BOX: http://www.gnomeaudio.com Donn will build you a great custom box. I'd go sealed in ur probe...and since you want SQ. Give them 1.5-2 cubes each. So a 3-4 cube net box for them would be great. $60~120?? should NOT be too expensive.

Electrical: OK, ur car may be good for you...but seriously the electrical system REALLY *****. My BEST friend had a probe...and only had 400 watts rms and some neons and his alt was pukin on him and battery was dyin. SO, you NEED to look at http://www.excessiveamperage.com Nate will build great custom alts that put out their rated amperage. A High output 200 amp alternator usually runs around $280-300.

$2050 or so....great system and would include EVERYTHING you need including electrical upgrade. I tell you, YOU HAVE to have upgrade ur alt. Peace.

NG
Listen to every word this man has to say and you simply CAN'T go wrong. This setup would make your original planned setup sound like child's-play any day of the week.

yea his set up sounds awesome and i know ur thinking those kenwood speakers and the **** but trust me the cdt are AWESOME speakers. But if i had 2000 to spend on my system i would deff go with alot that ngms13 posted.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.