i need help amping and boxing 2 eclipse 10's

weezer7611

texas
I just acquired 2 eclipse 10's aluminum series, and i need help both building a box and deciding how to amp them. Let me tell you that i've been running sound at concerts and the like for about 2 years now, but i don't know jack about building boxes for subs. so if anyone's got the time to help me out building the optimum box for my subs, that'd be awesome. If it matters, i currently drive a painfully old '88 buick lesabre. needless to say, trunk space is not an issue right now, but in 6 months or so i'll probably be getting something along the lines of a civic. So that's my box cunundrum. Here's my issue with amps:

i've got these 2 4ohm, 500 watt rms subs, and i need to amp them. do i pull out the big guns and get something along the lines of a jl 1000/1 when it comes out in march, or do i get 2 500 watt amps? and then the other problem, what amp do i buy? i know fosgate's not what it used to be and that the guy who made them what they were is over at jl now, i know mtx makes really clean, true amps, but i don't know what to get. i want something that'll do these subs justice. any ideas?

The answer your looking for is simple look up the required amount of air space that is needed for each sub and the uses your head when it comes to the way you want your box to look like and LxWxH divided by 1728 and the perfect amp for the job is a bd500 at a 2ohms

Originally posted by weezer7611 I just acquired 2 eclipse 10's aluminum series, and i need help both building a box and deciding how to amp them. Let me tell you that i've been running sound at concerts and the like for about 2 years now, but i don't know jack about building boxes for subs. so if anyone's got the time to help me out building the optimum box for my subs, that'd be awesome. If it matters, i currently drive a painfully old '88 buick lesabre. needless to say, trunk space is not an issue right now, but in 6 months or so i'll probably be getting something along the lines of a civic. So that's my box cunundrum. Here's my issue with amps:

i've got these 2 4ohm, 500 watt rms subs, and i need to amp them. do i pull out the big guns and get something along the lines of a jl 1000/1 when it comes out in march, or do i get 2 500 watt amps? and then the other problem, what amp do i buy? i know fosgate's not what it used to be and that the guy who made them what they were is over at jl now, i know mtx makes really clean, true amps, but i don't know what to get. i want something that'll do these subs justice. any ideas?

How would you wire the 2 10" eclipses so that their load is 2 ohms or less? How do u find out the ohm load when its finished wired. What does ohm stand for?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.