I'm starting over, so I need some advice

Steve: Well, it's just the flat cone I guess. Just looks kinda sexy,lol. But, my subs will be in my trunk, so looks won't matter even remotely. And I appreciate your advice. I am going with the Magnum 15's. Thanx.
IceTB: A Hifonics BX1500D. And yes, I know, that is at 1ohm and I'll need it at 2ohms for the subs listed. I'll probably sell it soon too. Just got it 2 weeks ago,lol.

look into the pg tantrum 1200.1. mine is benched at 1422 @ 4 ohms but make sure you have a good electrical system because it will **** the piss out of your alt. other then that i'm very happy with my amp and they reach full power at 4 ohms so at 2 ohms it might be maybe 100 watts more than 4 ohms but you'll definately get a good 700 watts to each sub with a good install and strong alt.

look into the pg tantrum 1200.1. mine is benched at 1422 @ 4 ohms but make sure you have a good electrical system because it will **** the piss out of your alt. other then that i'm very happy with my amp and they reach full power at 4 ohms so at 2 ohms it might be maybe 100 watts more than 4 ohms but you'll definately get a good 700 watts to each sub with a good install and strong alt.
I keep hearing people talk about how good a tantrum 1200.1 is. I had one before my Hifonics, and it ******. I had it at full blast, and I had to put my finger on my sub's surround to see if it was moving at all. That was the weakest amp I've ever owned, out of about 7 amps.

1200wrms at 4ohms was more like 120wrms at 4ohms. Maybe it was defective, because it quit on me after about 2 weeks of use. It sounded great though, all 120 watts,lol. I want one, but I have mixed feelings from my first experience.

ED A Series: WarDrumz.....WarDrumz

WarDrumz: Huh? Who said that?

ED A Series: WarDrumz...Get ME!

WarDrumz: WTF!?

ED A Series: I sound just as good as the Magnums, AND I can displace more air.

WarDrumz: AHHHH! GTH away from me!

ED A Series: We both cost about the same, and we both sound good, BUT I can get louder. Why not get me?

WarDrumz: WTF!? A Talking 15, someone needs to turn your crossover down.

ED A Series: I am better for you. We are meant to be. I need less space to do my thing.

WarDrumz: Do your thing?

ED A Series: TO PLAY BASS NOTES WITH AUDIOPHILE QUALITY YOU IDIOT!!!!

WarDrumz: Oh....Well, you don't have to yell.

ED A Series: My stroke is longer than Mr. Magnum, and I'm sexier. I am sexier, don't you think?

WarDrumz: Stroke...Magnum...Sexy. Hold up! You need to start talking in audio terms. Cuz you startin to sound...sound...you know...funny.

ED A Series: Retard. My linear throw capability exceeds that of the SI Magnums. And my flat piston cone is much more attractive than the traditional, and played out, concave cone. THERE! Is that better?

WarDrumz: Oh...Ok. Since you put it like THAT, I guess your right.

ED A Series: Yeah, I am. Get ME.

WarDrumz: You know what? Yes...yes I will. I WILL get you. I can't see why I wouldn't given my circumstances.

ED A Series: NOW your starting to see it my way.

WarDrumz: Yes, I am. Come to me.

ED A Series: Come to you? You got $300!?

WarDrumz: Well not at the mo(cutoff)

ED A Series: What?! You that I was free or sumthin? You got me twisted. I'm first come first served. You better recognize, foo. Get ya money right, THEN we can hookup. Till then...HOLLA!

WarDrumz: Dammit! Where are my Crystals? And what was the name of that pawnshop up the street? Hmmmmmm.

I keep hearing people talk about how good a tantrum 1200.1 is. I had one before my Hifonics, and it ******. I had it at full blast, and I had to put my finger on my sub's surround to see if it was moving at all. That was the weakest amp I've ever owned, out of about 7 amps.
1200wrms at 4ohms was more like 120wrms at 4ohms. Maybe it was defective, because it quit on me after about 2 weeks of use. It sounded great though, all 120 watts,lol. I want one, but I have mixed feelings from my first experience.
i can garuntee you there was something wrong with either the install adjustments or a defect with that amp because it is not a weak amp. with a good install and good alt you are gonna get well over 1400 wrms out of it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.