Inexpensive Sq subs????

Sounds like you're sold on the RE8's, if you want to try out 1 12" sub, I recommend ED K series. Does the job for me.

T.J.

not necessarily I just have the general understanding that and 8 would be more sq oriented which I will prob get flamed for but lemme know if my thinking is correct? Also the sub I would be looking for would need to be responsive for music like punk/techno. If that helps at all //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif.

The 8 won't be any more SQ oriented than a decent 10 or 12. There are a lot of people who swear certain brands are better than others. Just get what you want to get, and pay attention to the install. If you go with an 8 instead of a 10 or 12, it's generally going to be because of lack of space, or you don't want to be too loud, or you just want the cool factor of having an 8" badass sub.

No matter what way you do it, pay attention to the install, and you'll be happy with just about anything.

T.J.

not necessarily I just have the general understanding that and 8 would be more sq oriented which I will prob get flamed for but lemme know if my thinking is correct? Also the sub I would be looking for would need to be responsive for music like punk/techno. If that helps at all //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif.
Funny you should say that, today I was given a CD with all Techno on it. It had more bass than any disc I have played on my system. It was loud and hit hard. Had to turn my bass down to about 1/4 way. It always stays around 3/4.

My point of all this is techno sounded good with these 8s. Fast and loud.

Like said above. What ever you go with make sure the install is done right. All depends on how much bass you want and whats your budget.

Good luck!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.