Is a Equalizer worth the money

Some people use eq's when they have low volt head units or if they want to adjust different frequencies to they're liking. I have a mavise audio eq with a line driver for my mids & highs and I love it.

Some people use eq's when they have low volt head units or if they want to adjust different frequencies to they're liking. I have a mavise audio eq with a line driver for my mids & highs and I love it.
Understandable, but it does bring on clipping.

No not worth it. Just introduces clipping.
I disagree...if used correctly it wil help your system sound better. How else do you tackle frequency response issues within your vehicle? Installation as well as other techniques will only get you so far.

I disagree...if used correctly it wil help your system sound better. How else do you tackle frequency response issues within your vehicle? Installation as well as other techniques will only get you so far.
Going active man. My eq is on flat and I have the full spectrum of frequencies throughout. Very clean.

Easy, proper signal source Either DSP or pioneer stage 4 or 80 prs With actual parametric EQs.

Graphic EQs like the massive audio and clarion EQS are extremely horrid in comparison. Most of the times it just slaughters the sound quality without really fixing the main issue in the sound. You'll always be playing with it, never able to just leave it and be happy.

The prior option, bam! perfect sound, no need to touch anything else, works wonders and magic. You can have the best speakers in the world but when your source is a crappy oem head unit's DAC with an EQ as a pre-out voltage booster, you will still sound subpar compared to a system with a proper DSP and mediocre speakers. The source matters THAT much.

Easy, proper signal source Either DSP or pioneer stage 4 or 80 prs With actual parametric EQs.
Graphic EQs like the massive audio and clarion EQS are extremely horrid in comparison. Most of the times it just slaughters the sound quality without really fixing the main issue in the sound. You'll always be playing with it, never able to just leave it and be happy.

The prior option, bam! perfect sound, no need to touch anything else, works wonders and magic. You can have the best speakers in the world but when your source is a crappy oem head unit's DAC with an EQ as a pre-out voltage booster, you will still sound subpar compared to a system with a proper DSP and mediocre speakers. The source matters THAT much.

Well everyone is entitled to their opinion. My music sounds great to me with my eq.

I would put $100 you are using your EQ wrong. There isn't a way to use a basic EQ right. A properly EQed setup has frequencies cut to match the lowest spot in the curve. You can't do that with a $100 7 band EQ. 99.9% of people use them to boost and they boost everything that don't need it.

He stated that eq's are not needed. I disagree with that. I've used both graphic & parametric eq's, both helped me attain better sound. People think that flat is always best. Take a frequency response measurement inside your vehicle....an EQ can help tame peaks in your system that make it sound boomy or harsh.

I believe having a decent source is a good foundation, but not the end all....implementing good installation techniques, decent equipment, & good tuning abilities goes a long way as well.

Going active man. My eq is on flat and I have the full spectrum of frequencies throughout. Very clean.
Having you EQ on flat doesn't mean that your frequency response looks like that. A frequency response that's flat is usually not very pleasing to the ear. Properly using an EQ is something that many people do not know how to do. I use mine to tackle problem areas in my cars frequency response to tame peaks within the system.

You would have to send a lot of money and time trying to get the perfect sq system with running active and time alignment and etc. As long as it sounds good to the user that's all that matters right? Not everyone can afford to run all that expensive nice audio equipment.

Having you EQ on flat doesn't mean that your frequency response looks like that. A frequency response that's flat is usually not very pleasing to the ear. Properly using an EQ is something that many people do not know how to do. I use mine to tackle problem areas in my cars frequency response to tame peaks within the system.
Not saying my sound is flat, quite the opposite. I'm saying that the eq on my hu isn't boosting any frequency into distortion. I know full well how to use an eq, just choose to let my active crossovers do the work. If you ever want a demo, holler. Not too far from you man.

You would have to send a lot of money and time trying to get the perfect sq system with running active and time alignment and etc. As long as it sounds good to the user that's all that matters right? Not everyone can afford to run all that expensive nice audio equipment.
Check my sig. I don't have expensive anything. I just know how to tune my s**t.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.