is audiobahn overrated??

I installed a 12" XXX on an A1500HCX (2kw @ 1 ohm) and it wangs. Wangs. WANGS. I set it at 1,400 watts because I could hear the XXX cone bottoming out a little above that, but I know it has more headroom. It is an absolutely nuts amp. It doesn't get hot (fans) although they are a little loud, and $340 for 2000w power is NOT bad....

I agree, alot of the Audiobahn hating is a bandwagon mentality. I think they are definatly solid amps, but if I was going to go all out above 2k watts, I would probably end up with Orion amps.

i got 3 friends who just got audiobahn setups...all 3 are bandpass...all 3 have crazy dumb amps(lanzar and stuff like that) and its funny cuz i looked inside the box when they took out the subs and the ports are all crookedly cut and definitely dont do the job they're supposed too..so i laugh when i drive home with my 15" XXX that gets louder and sounds better than any of their systems...i think its the funniest thing when they get all crazy over there systems and think they're loud as hell and think they're gonna get in trouble drivin down the street with their 2 10's boompin in their bandpass boxes(i say boompin cause bumpin is for good subs //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif )

but..i cant say anything bad about audiobahn subs or amps because my friends dont know jack about car audio and they all get cheap 'premade' bandpass systems

i got 3 friends who just got audiobahn setups...all 3 are bandpass...all 3 have crazy dumb amps(lanzar and stuff like that) and its funny cuz i looked inside the box when they took out the subs and the ports are all crookedly cut and definitely dont do the job they're supposed too..so i laugh when i drive home with my 15" XXX that gets louder and sounds better than any of their systems...i think its the funniest thing when they get all crazy over there systems and think they're loud as hell and think they're gonna get in trouble drivin down the street with their 2 10's boompin in their bandpass boxes(i say boompin cause bumpin is for good subs //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif )
but..i cant say anything bad about audiobahn subs or amps because my friends dont know jack about car audio and they all get cheap 'premade' bandpass systems

hahaha thats funny boompin LOL

K, I was pushing TWO Awt12x's and 1 18 inch kicker with my a2300hct amp. That amp maxed those speakers out. They almost threw right out of the baskets. I had The two awt's wired to to 2 ohms and the kicker 18 going at 4 ohms. It was extremely loud. The 18 was in a 3.2^3 box and the 12's were in like 2.25^3. This amp is amazing. Only thing is, the dual vu meters on it only worked for a few days. Other than that, this amp continues to vibrate the block.

Okay I had an Audiobahn A2601Q rated at 420 rms. I was pushing to 12" audiobahn aw12t's 2 of them, 1100 rms total, it could do it with amazing power. They have the best look out of any amp out, they put incredible time into their stuff. They are great quality in my opinion, i have noticed that everyone bashes them because they have THE BEST price and no one wants to admit that they are paying double for a JL and the audiobahn can compete. May not be as good, but it highly competes.

i hear people bash them, but if ur looking for spl i believe they are pretty good subs. I used to own the aw1200q and i took a beating of 800 watts all the time in my ported custom box. sounded good to me too. HOpe the immortal series is better since i just ordered one. My buddy also owns one of their amps and it puts out tons or power. I think they are good for the money.

basketball

Man all you people that say audiobahn is all about show are wrong. They make quality products that work well and are loud. I have a audiobahn a2300hct and it powers 2 audiobahn 12's and it is a great system it bumps louder than most I have heard. I don't compete though but I would definatly rate mine system as one of the top 10 or 15 in the state of Idaho. The amp not only looks good but puts out, it makes everybody I show jealous. And I also have never had any problems with it I love it.

Man all you people that say audiobahn is all about show are wrong. They make quality products that work well and are loud. I have a audiobahn a2300hct and it powers 2 audiobahn 12's and it is a great system it bumps louder than most I have heard. I don't compete though but I would definatly rate mine system as one of the top 10 or 15 in the state of Idaho. The amp not only looks good but puts out, it makes everybody I show jealous. And I also have never had any problems with it I love it.
Well, of course your going to say that because you own a bunch of audiobahn crap.

Top 10-15 in Idaho, thats a bold statement seeing as you have probably heard .00000001% of all the stereos in Idaho.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.