FEATURED Is my amp too small?

Warden95

CarAudio.com Recruit
Florida
Greetings all. I have an Audiocontrol ACM 4.300 four way amp pushing 50 watt RMS a channel on Morel Maximo Ultra 602 mk2 components on passive crossover and coaxial. Speakers rated for 100w RMS. I feel like amp is underpowered. Would a 75w or 100w rms a channel make a huge difference or should I just be happy with what I have. Thanks for your suggestions or input. I’m new to car audio and learning my way as a plunge deeper into the rabbit hole.

Attachments

• IMG_0065.jpeg
    IMG_0065.jpeg
    800.3 KB · Views: 6
To get the full performance benefits from your speakers, you should supply them when the proper power from a quality amp. I would use at least a 100 watt amp for those speakers. You spent money on them, so you should make sure you get your money's worth from them.

To get the full performance benefits from your speakers, you should supply them when the proper power from a quality amp. I would use at least a 100 watt amp for those speakers. You spent money on them, so you should make sure you get your money's worth from them.
So even a 125watt would be ok?

That ACM puts out a bit more than rated but not a lot. great for mids and tweets, not a lot of power. You're not going to see much difference in overall volume between 50 to 75 watts so yeah, 125 would provide a lot of headroom, allow then to play high and low passages more effectively.

Ok can you elaborate? I have a four channel amp rated 50watt rms at 4 ohms. It’s pushing a pair of 100 watt rms components and tweeters on a passive crossover at the front door and a pair of 100 watt rms coaxials on the rear door. The speakers are 4ohm. I drive an F150 super crew with the basic 7 speaker Non B&O system

Ok can you elaborate? I have a four channel amp rated 50watt rms at 4 ohms. It’s pushing a pair of 100 watt rms components and tweeters on a passive crossover at the front door and a pair of 100 watt rms coaxials on the rear door. The speakers are 4ohm. I drive an F150 super crew with the basic 7 speaker Non B&O system
Seriously, Mitchell Fosgte lll is TROLL or BOT - He really does not know what the hell he's talking about. Please do not take any of his so called advice.

Great idea.
A lot of people don't even run rear speakers or just use them for ambiance. Whatever your reason for running them I assume because you want them. 150x2 to those front components will really wake them up. Just be careful, it is 60w over their rms rating but if you set the gains conservatively they should live a good long while and be really loud.

Man car audio can be confusing sometimes,,LOL. I'm afraid I'm searching for something that I will never find. I wasn't satisfied with the bass of my starter system using a 150w powered sub and bought this on marketplace yesterday. Now I'm looking at this wondering what a 52 year old man needs with two 10" subs in a foxbox. I've found myself looking at better more powerful amps and realized to get really good results I probably have to break into the world of DSP. It never ends.
IMG_5741.jpg
IMG_5738.jpg
IMG_5740.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...