Issue with my new car audio setup

Dec

CarAudio.com Newbie
I just set up my new setup that consists of a RP-75.4ab, boss r2000m,4 skar tx-t teeeters,boss audio cpbk2, 2 jbl club4020, lc2i, and 2 add d2 12in skar subs.

I also just upgraded from a 170amp alternator to a 210amp alternator

After setting up my system every time the bass drops both my amps and depending if it’s a hard enough drop sometimes my capacitor will blink the protect light even when the gain is all the way down on both amps and all the settings on my lc2i line output converter are completely down.

Is this happening due to my battery being too small? If so what size battery I need to add? Does anyone have any recommendations on what brands or specs of battery I should get? I’m looking for a decently cheap one that will last and has the right amount of power for my needs.

Photo
  1. No
I haven’t yet, will this fix my problem? I haven’t done it Becuase the battery in my car (2013 bmw 328i) is in the trunk so it’s very difficult to run a wire from my alternator to my battery.

I haven’t yet, will this fix my problem? I haven’t done it Becuase the battery in my car (2013 bmw 328i) is in the trunk so it’s very difficult to run a wire from my alternator to my battery.
We can ignore that wire. The ones you need are the ground wires. That should suffice for your power level.

after changing both my ground wires to 2/0 gauge it didn’t change anything, I’m still getting protect lights every beat drop. Any ideas?

I did the negive battery terminal to sanded down bare metal chassis and underneath the car I did the chassis to engine block. Is the engine block to shock tower different?

What do you mean by wired too low? I could send a picture of all my wiring but it’s a very big mess right now since I just set it up, would that help?

What do you mean by wired too low? I could send a picture of all my wiring but it’s a very big mess right now since I just set it up, would that help?
Too low means the resistance of the subwoofers. If you have Dual 4 Ohms subs, they can be wired to as low as 1 Ohm. Of the amplifier is not stable to that load, it will go into protect mode.

Last edited:
It could be, depends in where you are grounded to. Are you grounded straight to the battery or the floorboard of the trunk?
If you’re talking about my amps and capacitor, those are grounded to the floor board of the trunk.

If your talking about the main ground it is from the battery terminal to the side wall of my trunk

Oh yes I have them series-Parallel wired so it’s 2ohms and my boss r2000m amp is rated for 2 ohms.
So load resistance is good.
If you’re talking about my amps and capacitor, those are grounded to the floor board of the trunk.
Since the amps are grounded to the floorboard, it will be better to add an engine to strut tower ground.
If your talking about the main ground it is from the battery terminal to the side wall of my trunk
This should be enough but better to cover all bases.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...