Kicker Solo x 18" on kicker warhorse, for 10k rms. Need enclosure help!!!

solosickness

Hey guys I really like this forum, its full of people!!! Nice to meet all of you!

I have 2 kicker solo x 18s on a kicker warhorse supplyed by x4 kinetik 2400's charged by big 3 and Iraggi 350amp alternator.

Well I have my box built to 20.23 cubic feet.

I am walling this enclosure in a ford focus zx3 hatchback.

now after i add subwoofer displacement my cubic ft is 19.65 cubic ft. "im looking too do a slot port"

I still have to add bracing + port volume displacment.

But I am veryyy comfused on how these port calculators work

My port is going to be 24" wide by 11" tall. "big as i can possibly make it"

FIRST QUESTION, is this enough port area for 2 kicker solo x 18"s?!?!

this box is 19.65 cubic ft, but prolly minus an extra half cube for bracing displacement "just an estimate"

do i just type in 19.65 into the enclosure calc and get my port length?

will it calculate port displacment into its final awnser for me?!?

cuz if not how the hell do i calc my port displacment??? lol

great subs and deff will get loud but dont feed them a lot of power or they will go poof like mines did. also that warhorse is gonna need a bit more juice, trust i had 2 of the.

the depth of your port will affect your tuning, and as far as port displacment if ur port was a 12"w by 12'byh 12d it would be 1 cube of displacement, and as far as bracing why not use all thread, cost you more then wood but less displacement

so how do i know how long my port needs too be too calculate port displacment??

ok so put in my volume into the calc get my port length, then calculate port displacment, witch changes the previous box volume witch changes the frequency again, when i re calc port displament again it changes frequencys, and i keep repeating..

i have got to be doing somthing wrong here.

i cant be the only one to run into this, but ive googled.

do i just type in 19.65 into the enclosure calc and get my port length?

will it calculate port displacment into its final awnser for me?!?

cuz if not how the hell do i calc my port displacment??? lol [/font][/size]
No, it will not calculate the port displacement for you. The volume that you put into the port calculators is going to be the final volume after all displacements. You need to sort of plug and chug with different figures until you get something that works out right. I'd put 16ft^3 as you final volume, since the port is going to take up a good chunk of volume.

I know you design box's ram, do you build them to? at some point in time I'm going to be needing a box, and im terrible at building them

I know you design box's ram, do you build them to? at some point in time I'm going to be needing a box, and im terrible at building them
I do not as of right now, but come July/August, when my house is finished, I'll probably start offering build services.

hey thanks for the info "ram designs" i appreciate it alot.

My question is...lets say i subtract woofer displacement/bracing displacment/port displacement

put my final cubic ft in and its no longer 35 hz, it changes becuz volume changes, so is the idea to do it over n over like 3 times till the frequency gaps are more accurate?

and do u think 250 sq inches of port area is enough.

and if u can what do u think is an accurate program to use for my tuning plz lmk.

so how do i know how long my port needs too be too calculate port displacment??
ok so put in my volume into the calc get my port length, then calculate port displacment, witch changes the previous box volume witch changes the frequency again, when i re calc port displament again it changes frequencys, and i keep repeating..

i have got to be doing somthing wrong here.

i cant be the only one to run into this, but ive googled.
That's pretty much the size of it. It helps if you do up a spreadsheet that calculates gross volume, port volume, then net. Have that open and a box calculator program open. Unless you're chasing 10ths you'll never notice if you're 3 or 4 cycles off in tuning. 20 cube before displacement seems a bit tight to really get them going, but it should be adequate....it'll have to be if that's all you have!

Warhorse will probably want more batteries if you really want to get on it hard, and those subs will get smelly with 3KW pretty fast so I'd be quite careful with 10K on a pair.

Also invest in a good alarm or a couple BIG dogs if you plan to own that equipment in Detroit.

That's pretty much the size of it. It helps if you do up a spreadsheet that calculates gross volume, port volume, then net. Have that open and a box calculator program open. Unless you're chasing 10ths you'll never notice if you're 3 or 4 cycles off in tuning. 20 cube before displacement seems a bit tight to really get them going, but it should be adequate....it'll have to be if that's all you have!
Warhorse will probably want more batteries if you really want to get on it hard, and those subs will get smelly with 3KW pretty fast so I'd be quite careful with 10K on a pair.

Also invest in a good alarm or a couple BIG dogs if you plan to own that equipment in Detroit.
Yeah, i had just one solo x on the warhorse first n honestly it was taking atleastttt 5k without gettin hot, but that might be becuz it was a smaller box. i plan on getting more batterys one day, just for now im hopin the 4 will do me good for a lil bit, Ill be sure to take it ez tho.

I plan on spending 300+ on a really nice alarm system, I have a rednose pitbull, and Dual simi automatic uzi's with extended clips:suicide: with a crazy whiteboy behind them.

i need to be accurate on my tuning, cuz my problem is that if i tune any lower then 35 hz i will have a hug dip in my bass response starting at like 39hz. if i tune 35hz and above i can hit aloottttt more frequencies above port tuning frequency, so if i can get my box too tune to 35-36hz exactly id be great.

any chance ram designs could do my math for me and i give him my final volume after sub/brace displacment. Id pay him to give me the right length vent with my box volume i give him.

Ill pay what ever it costs, plz lmk!

Yeah, i had just one solo x on the warhorse first n honestly it was taking atleastttt 5k without gettin hot, but that might be becuz it was a smaller box. i plan on getting more batterys one day, just for now im hopin the 4 will do me good for a lil bit, Ill be sure to take it ez tho.
I plan on spending 300+ on a really nice alarm system, I have a rednose pitbull, and Dual simi automatic uzi's with extended clips:suicide: with a crazy whiteboy behind them.
Sounds like you're good for "homeland security". 4 bats is cutting it really tight, get more ASAP, a burnt power supply in that amp would be an EXPENSIVE fix! I've made 18" solo X smell funny with a Sundown 3K..... they're a pretty robust woofer, but not bullet proof. 5000W is a shitload of heat and coils burn.

Make yourself a spreadsheet and just keep plugging. No simpler way really unless someone makes a box calculator with that built in. It shouldn't take more than a 4 or 5 tries to get it dialed in and like I said, if you're off by a few cycles you'll never notice. You may also want to consider making the port somewhat temporary just in case you don't like tuning you can easy make the port longer or shorter. It ***** to do something really permanent and find you don't like it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.