need help...again

You want an aesthetic appeal versus a guaranteed response?

TJ, for every application you can show where they take 1200, I can show you one where they beat themselves apart on 500. It's all in the enclosure design. That is why EVERY RMS spec given by a manufacturer is worth a large lump of donkey *****.

TJ, for every application you can show where they take 1200, I can show you one where they beat themselves apart on 500. It's all in the enclosure design. That is why EVERY RMS spec given by a manufacturer is worth a large lump of donkey *****.
I guarantee you that a POS Pyle sub isn't going to take 1500 rms in ANY enclosure....

Have you ever listened to a setup in your car (or a buddy's vehicle) and swapped the subwoofer(s) for another kind, the same diameter?

If so, I'm sure you noticed that it performed quite differently. Same box, same available power, same tuning, same orientation etc. That alone let's anyone know that the "tuning frequency of a port" by itself does not mean anything in regards to the perceived performance (response trace). Same thing goes for firing subs up and port back. It may very well line up with a certain pair of subs in a certain vehicle, but if you wanted the same response with a different pair of subs, you'd be required to have a totally different alignment.

If looks is 90% of the equation though, by all means you are steering perfectly fine.

Just for shiits and giggles show me one failing of 500 watts with gainsset correctly.....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.