need help on what to do

Participant count
  • Participant list

scarolina
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Im new to this whole components and tweeters thing, all i have ever done is subs, but im interested into getting a good front stage, but i have no idea what to do, how to set it up, or what to get, I have a 99 f-150, and once i put a new panasonic deck in I was happy with the stock speakers, out of the 3 trucks i have had they were by far the best, but I finally blew them so im riding with no music, and i only have 100 bux right now, but i plan on spending at least 300 on the front whats the best tips, and products yall can give me. any help would be appreciated thanks.

Im new to this whole components and tweeters thing, all i have ever done is subs, but im interested into getting a good front stage, but i have no idea what to do, how to set it up, or what to get, I have a 99 f-150, and once i put a new panasonic deck in I was happy with the stock speakers, out of the 3 trucks i have had they were by far the best, but I finally blew them so im riding with no music, and i only have 100 bux right now, but i plan on spending at least 300 on the front whats the best tips, and products yall can give me. any help would be appreciated thanks.
music preference?

sound preference?

mounting space available?

willingness to fabricate?

i would say for an all around system, save up a bit more and get some pioneer prs720. If you want something a bit cheaper, get some crystal ssc6's. I would save up at least 200 on the front stage if i am a true audiophile. I just cannot find anything around 100 bucks that can satisfy my ears.

I know theres nothing any good for 100 bux, thats just what im at for now i plan on spending at least 300 on the front stage, i have a little Mtx amp thats lik 60wx2 at 2ohms, anything to pair up with that for a little while i save up some money, because all i can do now is ride around with bass and no music.

I know theres nothing any good for 100 bux, thats just what im at for now i plan on spending at least 300 on the front stage, i have a little Mtx amp thats lik 60wx2 at 2ohms, anything to pair up with that for a little while i save up some money, because all i can do now is ride around with bass and no music.
pioneer rev's are decent at 100 bucks

where can i find those at, and how does this all work, you run the wires from the amp then into the crossovers, then run wire from the crossovers to the speakers, not trying to be stupid but some of the most simple things confuse me.

where can i find those at, and how does this all work, you run the wires from the amp then into the crossovers, then run wire from the crossovers to the speakers, not trying to be stupid but some of the most simple things confuse me.
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_6402_Pioneer+Premier+TS-D601P.html

and these are not components... It is really hard to find good components at 100 bucks, even used ones.

to do this, you will only have to run speaker wires from the amp to the speaker. theres no passive crossover.

yeah I understand these arent, but how do you do components, whats good for a decent price, and what exactly are horns, what are they used for and how, if you dont mind.

yeah I understand these arent, but how do you do components, whats good for a decent price, and what exactly are horns, what are they used for and how, if you dont mind.
for components:

hu --- (rca)----> amp ---- (speaker wire)---> passive crossover

----(speakerwire)----> woofers and tweeters

horns are compression drivers (usually tweeters) that are mounted under the dash. they are mostly used for professional audio however there are car audio kits available. they can play fairly low and usually loud. pretty expensive.

for components, for 200 bucks the prs720 are hard to beat.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.